The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Joel Harrison has a new book of interviews. I'm thoroughly enjoying this book. Great questions and obviously a very comfortable rapport with the players.
    Guitar Talk  -New book of interviews with Jazz guitarists. Really enjoying it-screen-shot-2021-11-21-9-49-27-pm-png
    Nels Cline, Pat Metheny, Fred Frith, Bill Frisell, Julian Lage, Elliott Sharp, Michael Gregory Jackson, Ben Monder, Anthony Pirog, Henry Kaiser, Mike and Leni Stern, Vernon Reid, Mary Halvorson, Nguyên Le, Rez Abbasi, Ava Mendoza, Liberty Ellman, Brandon Ross, Wayne Krantz, Dave Fiuczynski, Wolfgang Muthspiel, Miles Okazaki, Sheryl Bailey, Rafiq Bhatia, and Ralph Towner—twenty-seven great guitarists in all.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's already planning volume 2, which should include Sco and Mick Goodrick interviews ...just for starters.

User Info Menu

I got the Kindle version of this, which is not without its formatting problems at least in the iPad app. What a really interesting set of interviews. Frequently musician interviews are just not that interesting because the interviewer doesn't know what to actually ask. The author, being a musician himself and having played with some of the people he's interviewing, doesn't seem to have that handicap quite so much.

The most interesting thing about it is that some of the interviews are with people I had never heard of, introducing me to a range of ideas, music, even genres with which I am not familiar.

User Info Menu

I haven't read an actual book for at least 10 years. This looks pretty tempting though... I like the range of talent.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jimmy, just ordered myself a copy.