The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Check it out:

Melissa Aldana Euro-tour (with guitar)!-aldana-tour-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have a ticket to 26/10 show!

"Julian Lage Toulouse only" – dang, I thought that he would be on the whole tour.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    "Julian Lage Toulouse only" – dang, I thought that he would be on the whole tour.
    Lage Lund, not Julian Lage

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ES125er
    Lage Lund, not Julian Lage
    Sorry, of course!

This must be the fastest time of forgetting the right name and remembering the wrong name in my life! Didn't take a second!

But hey, half of the name was right!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Sorry, of course!

This must be the fastest time of forgetting the right name and remembering the wrong name in my life! Didn't take a second!

But hey, half of the name was right!
    And hey, either "Lage" would be great to see! [and Moreno will be fine to see, as well!]

User Info Menu

I saw Melissa Aldana on Tuesday. She was great. Mike Moreno was great. Pablo Menares was great. And Kush Abadey the drummer was super great!

This was very first time I heard Mike Moreno. He has the modern mid thick darkish sound, but luckily his playing is versatile so it is not too ear fatiguing. Very tasty small use of tremolo and volume pedal.

Moreno played a lot with his fingers but in fast runs he has interesting technique with his thumb and middle finger.

(Did You know: Mike Moreno's name is an anagram of finnish glam rocker's name Mike Monroe!)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the review, Herbie! Glad you were able to go!

Yes, Mike holds his pick differently; I've tried that for fun, but it seemed like a weaker grip (in my hands). Mike's a fantastic player, and I'd love to see this band live!