The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I like Melissa's playing a lot, and she always has a great band. Here's a recent set with Lage Lund!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great link!
    Thanks
    Kris

User Info Menu

I find Lage mesmerising to watch - how can a man with such small hands play such outre chords? I suppose it’s something called left hand technique…

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I find Lage mesmerising to watch - how can a man with such small hands play such outre chords? I suppose it’s something called left hand technique…
    I'm more intrigued by his fixed stare. Lage almost never looks at either his hands or the fretboard. Maybe he's an ex-shoegazer who saw the light?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PMB
    I'm more intrigued by his fixed stare. Lage almost never looks at either his hands or the fretboard. Maybe he's an ex-shoegazer who saw the light?
    He said that this is something he purposefully worked on so that he could make sure he could stay connected with the music. As an inveterate neck gazer myself, I think he’s right. Hard to break a habit tho!

User Info Menu

Great show. But what are they reading? (some of them, not Lage) It can't be that hard to memorize the changes.

User Info Menu

[you're kidding, right? and Lage does have the charts ...]