The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Bought the CD when it came out, but of course who knows what happened to it.

Only available used on Amazon in the US, not on streaming

published by Nonesuch, which is owned by Warner Bros, who did Imaginary Day and Speaking of Now - both of which are on streaming

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It is streaming on Apple Music

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    It is streaming on Apple Music
    that is even more curious why it’s not on Amazon in any format

User Info Menu

I hate it when stuff disappears. Or when it's not available at all.

My 2 most wanted streaming albums would be Plant and Page No Quarter--which used to be available but now it's not--and King Crimson's USA live album (never been available as far as I know). I don't even own a CD player right this moment.

I remember back in the old days I used to go to Wuxtry and Wax-n-Facts in Atlanta on average twice a week to find whatever album I was looking for. It would take literally years to find a special album like a certain bootleg or Japanese pressing or whatnot.

We are spoiled. But in answer to your question--IDK.

User Info Menu

'The Way Up' is available on Spotify, at least here in the UK.

Nonesuch do appear to have reduced or wound down their output of physical CDs. A few years ago a chain here called Fopp had large stocks of Metheny's and Mehldau's Nonesuch titles on blowout for £3 each. I bought an armful.

Digital versions of Metheny's Nonesuch titles are available direct from them in a range of file formats. Link: https://store.nonesuch.com/artists/pat-metheny.html?p=1

User Info Menu

As for why any particular CD or digital recording is not available through Apple, Amazon, etc., I think a fair number of record companies and certainly a lot of independent artists have figured out that they can just sell music files directly to the public and not have to pay a 20 to 30% cut to somebody else. They might sell fewer of them but feel they are coming out ahead.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BWV
    Bought the CD when it came out, but of course who knows what happened to it.

Only available used on Amazon in the US, not on streaming

published by Nonesuch, which is owned by Warner Bros, who did Imaginary Day and Speaking of Now - both of which are on streaming
    streaming and selling downloadable digital music is not the same, neither from artist side, neither from listener side. It seems it is available in music streaming services.Regarding the download, especially lossless, I never understood how can artists allow that.