The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    See, L,
    You didn't listen to the whole song! Try it again . . . if not, is it too early for Vodka on the rocks with a blue cheese stuffed olive?
    Play live . . . sans bed sheets, mommy's lace curtains , and yes . . . the teddy bear! . . . Marinero
    You are all hat and no cattle. All you know how to do is mock, belittle, and evade. I have decided you are not worth the effort to engage any further.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lawson, you are not the first to put this fool on their Ignore list.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Lawson, you are not the first to put this fool on their Ignore list.
    Hi, R,
    Thanks for the compliment. The Herd is pernicious and will punish those who do not follow its thunderous path. You, my friend . . . are one its high priests.
    Play live . . . Marinero

P.S. Why don't YOU smile when you play?

User Info Menu

Jocelyn Gould just posted this new video of her performing "But Beautiful" in which she sings and accompanies herself on guitar. Two thumbs up .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    There's really something to be said for that, as an audience member...watching people have fun is contagious...when you see the musicians having a good time...how can you not?

As for me personally, I'm not good enough to be able to think about controlling my facial expressions as I play.
    Same.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    There's really something to be said for that, as an audience member...watching people have fun is contagious...when you see the musicians having a good time...how can you not?
    The reason most of us smiled so much while playing weddings etc was how interesting (and often amusing) it was to watch the guests. Most of the time I went home happy that I wasn’t them

User Info Menu

Had a mirrored door closet in my practice room years ago. Purposely sat in front of it and watched myself. Yuck! Taught myself to keep smiling lol.

Carlton seems to be enjoying himself as he plays, Scofield to me not so. It varied a lot with the ol greats: Tal smiled constantly, even during lessons. Herb Ellis looked like he was in mortal pain, and you can hear his grunting on several albums. Pass went both ways (HEY! I meant smile/frown!). Barney K also, grimaces and smiles.
    Interesting!

As organist at many weddings I usually had the luxury of being invisible up in a loft. Problem was playing one floor churches where all the bad habits you gathered while invisible were visible! Didn’t have to dress up in the loft)

User Info Menu

New performance from last night:

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting. I listened to the livestream last night and was going to post it later today but you beat me to it . I thought it was a very enjoyable half-hour of music. Jocelyn and Jodi played beautifully, the song choices were just right, and I have to say that Joanna's voice is smoother than melted chocolate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    New performance from last night:

If you can suppress a huge smile while making (or hearing) music like that, you need resuscitation.

User Info Menu

Fabulous.

If you have BIAB, you may well have played along with Jodi. Of the artists who play bass RealTracks, she is my favorite.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ARGewirtz
    Thanks for posting. I listened to the livestream last night and was going to post it later today but you beat me to it . I thought it was a very enjoyable half-hour of music. Jocelyn and Jodi played beautifully, the song choices were just right, and I have to say that Joanna's voice is smoother than melted chocolate.
    Joanna performs a lot with guitarist Andrew Marzotto, too -- wonderful duo stuff!