The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey everyone that might be interested. I was lucky to catch Kurt with Dario and Hutch last night at the Fara music festival. Good concert of course. Domenico was there with the family and presented Kurt with this new axe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lovely guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Those Moffa solidbodies are an acquired taste... and that is an euphemism!

User Info Menu

I had a good time at the Fara festival and jazz school back in 2013!
    Jonathan Kreisberg was the guitar tutor that year.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this, Jan!
    Kurt's latest music seems to be more "electric," so this looks like a fitting guitar for him.

[I saw him in LA at a small club when he got his first Moffa years ago -- when Domenico still lived in Sicily! -- and it was glorious! (Anyone here remember the Jazz Bakery?!)]

Marc

User Info Menu

Yeah Marc, I've been to the Jazz Bakery many times! One of the best places in jazz-starved L.A.!
    Jim Hall and John Abercrombie signed album jackets for me there. I've seen Frisell there multiple times, and Pat Martino after they stopped doing shows at the old Helms bread bakery around 2009 and went to various other spots.

Saw Kurt Rosenwinkel there too! But Kurt's show was at the Kirk Douglas Theater.

I loved the first Moffa I heard Kurt play. More of a semi-hollow or thin-line hollowbody. Luscious.