The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So, some 45 years later, I never knew WN did an album with the great Booker T Jones. At the time each coincidentally resides in a Malibu apartment, one above the other. The night they met they decided to jam on the beach together. Well, WN says, to heck with this, let’s take this to the studio. The resulting album sold 6 times platinum. One of the hits was the classic Stardust.

But of course I’ve only just discovered it. The album is actually quite good, and filled with what otherwise have been classically recorded jazz standards.

What do you think?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love it.

I play Stardust in G because of Willie

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I love it.

I play Stardust in G because of Willie

Wow, that’s beautiful Jeff. What other gems have you been hiding?

User Info Menu

Willie actually has a couple of albums of standards, and he also played on one of Herb Ellis' albums.

User Info Menu

It's interesting that if you have a good voice and personality, you can sing 'technically' terribly and have it be a good performance. And vice versa haha.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    So, some 45 years later, I never knew WN did an album with the great Booker T Jones. At the time each coincidentally resides in a Malibu apartment, one above the other. The night they met they decided to jam on the beach together. Well, WN says, to heck with this, let’s take this to the studio. The resulting album sold 6 times platinum. One of the hits was the classic Stardust.

But of course I’ve only just discovered it. The album is actually quite good, and filled with what otherwise have been classically recorded jazz standards.

What do you think?

Hi, 2B,
    Anyone who isn't moved by this song is certainly without a soul. As we wander through the years of our life, we all will ,one day, look back at those moments in our past that were special and irreplaceable. Unlike the collections of our material existence . . . they are the essence of Life.
    Play live . . . Marinero

P.S. Love the B3 in the background.

User Info Menu

Beautiful playing, Jeff-- with a great sentiment for the music!
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Willie actually has a couple of albums of standards, and he also played on one of Herb Ellis' albums.
    That would be "Texas Swings". It's a fine record. Not Herb's usual vibe, but he was a Texas boy, so this wasn't far afield for him either.

Willie plays on "The Old Rugged Cross" (-a song often sung in the churches I attended as a child.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, 2B,
    Anyone who isn't moved by this song is certainly without a soul. As we wander through the years of our life, we all will ,one day, look back at those moments in our past that were special and irreplaceable. Unlike the collections of our material existence . . . they are the essence of Life.
    Play live . . . Marinero

P.S. Love the B3 in the background.
    Hi Marinero! I agree. Listen, I’m as much of a jazz guy as anyone here. But I appreciate good music. That’s great music. I’m happy Willie had the persistence to ‘take it to the studio’.