The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This young lady is my new favorite player; check out her music:

What do you think?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Man this is great! Another great discovery via this forum!
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

It's always good to hear young players who have a solid start and decades ahead of them to develop their music. At least based on these two videos, she has a coherent concept which is more than can be said for many players- some of whom are significantly older than she. I hear more conservatory than street in her approach to the songs. I think she would get even more interesting with adding some of the latter, but again that is only based on these two songs. They tended to be pretty rather than conveying a lot of emotion. In this regard the second video was more satisfying than the first, for me. But she has many years ahead of her to develop however she chooses.

I like this better, it feels more like jazz than a recital (even though it is a recital) but still tending to be correct rather than daring. That will come.

Last edited by Cunamara; 07-17-2021 at 02:23 PM.

User Info Menu

My wife found me watching these video's and started playing this:

User Info Menu

Could be I'm reacting to her looks a bit :) but I hear a freshness in her playing. I like her phrasing. I'd like a little more heat from time to time though. I like Beauty and The Beast.

To me there's something a little different about her. I'd go hear her if she came to my town.

And I'm with Carbucci. One of the best features of this place: new discoveries. Thank-you Robertito!

User Info Menu

Thanks, I enjoyed her playing and tone. Perhaps a bit busy in places but she has her own vision and as said above, lots of time to grow and develop. Thanks for sharing.

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertito
    This young lady is my new favorite player; check out her music:

What do you think?
    Lotta potential there. She's already happening in thought; sound; arranging ability. Nice melodic sense too. Would like a little more grease and swing---but she's got time. She'll learn on the stand from elders, if she's lucky. Good stuff...

User Info Menu

Terrific. I wonder what'll happen to her?