The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello all.

I had the pleasure of chatting with Jazz Guitarist Bruce Forman a few days ago and we talked about his acquiring Barney Kessel's iconic guitar and what he plans on doing with it. If interested check it out. I think you'll find it highly informative and entertaining ? and may recognise the name of the photographer who took the cool photos of Bruce and Corey

Bruce Forman Interview with Jazz Guitar Life – Jazz Guitar Life

Thanks all.

Lyle Robinson
    Jazz Guitar Life
    Publisher/Editor/Creator/Guitar Player
    Jazz Guitar Life – Online Jazz Guitar Magazine

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thelostboss
    I particularly liked the episode of Grumps TV that was linked in the interview [#43].
    LOL...I have yet to watch that particular episode but chose it for the title alone Thanks for checking out the interview and hope you enjoyed it.

Take care.

Lyle - Jazz Guitar Life

User Info Menu

Barney born in 1940? Wow! He was playing with Artie Shaw and Charlie Barnet in the 40s.

That’s real talent. Musicians aren’t what they used to be, clearly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    Barney born in 1940? Wow! He was playing with Artie Shaw and Charlie Barnet in the 40s.

That’s real talent. Musicians aren’t what they used to be, clearly.
    LOL...wow...thanks for the clarification. I'll revise the interview. I saw Bruce pick up a book and look for the info on Barney's b-day so just assumed that it was accurate...well I guess you know what they say about assuming!

Thanks again and I'll be sure to fact check everything from now on!

Take care.

Lyle - Jazz Guitar Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzGuitarLife
    LOL...wow...thanks for the clarification. I'll revise the interview. I saw Bruce pick up a book and look for the info on Barney's b-day so just assumed that it was accurate...well I guess you know what they say about assuming!

Thanks again and I'll be sure to fact check everything from now on!

Take care.

Lyle - Jazz Guitar Life
    sorry didn’t mean to be a dick …. May have come off as one.

But I do know that Barney hung with Charlie Christian and played on some of the early Parker dates among other things, so instantly that one clanged when I read it. Would also explain why Bruce thought he was so much older… he was!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    sorry didn’t mean to be a dick …. May have come off as one.
    But I do know that Barney hung with Charlie Christian and played on some of the early Parker dates among other things, so instantly that one clanged when I read it. Would also explain why Bruce thought he was so much older… he was!
    No worries Christian...I didn't get that sense at all. And of course you were correct to point it out, I would have done the same. I guess in the heat of the moment things go amiss. It as been rectified and I scolded Bruce...just kidding of course

Thanks again for checking out the interview and if you ever do come across any inconsistencies again on JGL, please feel free to let me know...it would greatly appreciated

Take care.

Lyle - Jazz Guitar Life

User Info Menu

Great interview, Lyle!!

[and thanks for using my pics!]

Marc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Great interview, Lyle!!

[and thanks for using my pics!]

Marc
    Thank YOU Marc and thank you so much for the use of your images...they really helped to tie the interview together.

Take care and all the best.

Lyle - Jazz Guitar Life