The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

The record came out today. I am waiting on my vinyl preorder to arrive, but I did stream it this morning and wow. This is probably my favorite release he has done with the trio. I am assuming he is using the Collings on this record, and what sounds like a blackface amp (as opposed to the smaller sounding Champ he used for awhile), and the tone is just simply beautiful.

Anyone else checking this out today?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful record -- thanks for posting.
    > I hear some echoes John Abercrombie, especially on "Familiar Flower" which would have fit nicely on "Gateway I." That's meant as a compliment.
    > I don't assume that's all one guitar although Mr. Lage could play a rubber band and make it sound like four different guitars.
    > Margaret Glaspy should keep producing! Great sound, cohesive but varied package, band at ease. Bingo!

User Info Menu

"Anyone else checking this out today?"

Well am am NOW! Thanks for posting. Only a few minutes in and I can already tell it's going to be my favorite record of his.

User Info Menu

A Side - Etude - Boo's Blues - Squint - Saint Rose - Emily - Familiar Flower
    B Side - Day and Age - Quiet Like A Fuse - Short Form - Twilight Surfer - Call Of The Canyon

User Info Menu

As befitting a Blue Note release, Julian has set a marker down. Follow that!

User Info Menu

Emily is so beautiful with the trio...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this. It's awesome.

User Info Menu

It‘s a very impressive and beautiful album. He‘s very busy at the monent and obviously very succesful!

Julian said in an interview that he only played the Collings apart from two songs he played on his 1959 Les Paul.

User Info Menu

I was away for the weekend, so will be downloading and listening tomorrow...

Julian Lage doing his own vinyl listening party the day before the record comes out... TOO EFFING COOL.

User Info Menu

Amazon just dropped it off, and I'm six songs in -- so nice! Love the trio format!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Amazon just dropped it off, and I'm six songs in -- so nice! Love the trio format!
    Mine shows up today!!

User Info Menu

Etude is unearthly. It‘s something really new and so old at the same time. Full of surprises and unthinkable combinations- but Julian makes it work. Unbelievable.

User Info Menu

I wasn't sure where to post this but found their comments interesting and as it showcases a couple Squint tunes, here it goes! Hope you get something from it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by keith
    I wasn't sure where to post this but found their comments interesting and as it showcases a couple Squint tunes, here it goes! Hope you get something from it!

Very interesting, thank you!