The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 85 of 85

User Info Menu

I got to see a fantastic show last Tuesday at London's 606 Club - Peter Bernstein with Jim Mullen, backed by Jeremy Brown on bass and Steve Brown (no relation!) on drums.

I've never seen that club so busy and just about every jazz guitarist in not working that night was in the audience!

Nigel Price (one of the finest players here, or anywhere) wrote a great piece about the night for London Jazz News.
    LINK: https://londonjazznews.com/2021/11/2...-the-606-club/

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jim Mullen and Peter Bernstein play together again at The 606 Club in London on Monday 31 October.

Ticket link: Peter Bernstein/Jim Mullen

The first set will be available as a ticketed live-stream: #606 Live Stream: Peter Bernstein & Jim Mullen | #606 Live Stream: Peter Bernstein & Jim Mullen | Member-Only Videos

User Info Menu

Great to hear Peter Bernstein and Jim Mullen together again last night!

Saw Jim Mullen today-312191172_10166837375435533_7158748025002387008_n-jpg

User Info Menu

A heads-up for anyone in the vicinity of London: I'm hosting a workshop with Jim next Saturday, 27 May at 2pm. Clapham, South West London.

Details and booking at
    Workshop with Jim Mullen, Sat, May 27, 2023, 2:00 PM | Meetup
    or
    Jazz guitar workshop with Jim Mullen at Omnibus Theatre event tickets from TicketSource

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B;[URL="tel:1267008"
    1267008[/URL]]A heads-up for anyone in the vicinity of London: I'm hosting a workshop with Jim next Saturday, 27 May at 2pm. Clapham, South West London.

Details and booking at
    Workshop with Jim Mullen, Sat, May 27, 2023, 2:00 PM | Meetup
    or
    Jazz guitar workshop with Jim Mullen at Omnibus Theatre event tickets from TicketSource
    I was away on hols
    so sadly I couldn’t attend

How did it go ?
    huge Mullen fan here

User Info Menu

YT suggested Jim Mullen Organ Trio. Insane. I was listening and not watching for 20 minutes and when I looked at the video I was surprised, I was expecting to see someone much younger. I am glad to see that his musical mind is this bright and fast. I wish him another 40 years of playing.

User Info Menu

^ Great band. The guitarist and organist are both real melodic.

User Info Menu

Jim’s a bad man on the guitar. As good as anyone out there.

User Info Menu

Why not?

User Info Menu

I bought an FA71 because of Jim Mullen. Alas it doesn't work... I still can't play like him.