The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I happened to hear on the radio today Rosemary Clooney's version of Let's Face the Music and Dance from her album Rosemary Clooney Sings the Music of Irving Berlin. The entire album is amazing, but I was blown away (as I always am) by Ed Bickert's comping on this tune. Holy cow!

Give it a listen. I'm sure he's playing his Tele because I'm not sure he ever played anything else. But if you didn't know it was Bickert, would guess it was Tele?

Here's a link to YouTube:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkipBurz
    I happened to hear on the radio today Rosemary Clooney's version of Let's Face the Music and Dance from her album Rosemary Clooney Sings the Music of Irving Berlin. The entire album is amazing, but I was blown away (as I always am) by Ed Bickert's comping on this tune. Holy cow!

Give it a listen. I'm sure he's playing his Tele because I'm not sure he ever played anything else. But if you didn't know it was Bickert, would guess it was Tele?

Here's a link to YouTube:
    Beautiful! I see there are two duets on the album...

User Info Menu

He sounds like the Woody Herman band on 6 strings.

User Info Menu

It's a Concord production so it was recorded sometime in the mid 80's I guess and at that time, Bickert def. used his Tele - it certainly sounds like it !
    There's another one : "Rosemary Clooney Sings Ballads" also on Concord, San Francisco April 1985
    and another :
    Rosemary Clooney Sings The Music Of Jimmy Van Heusen, also on Concord feat. Ed Bickert, Warren Vache, Scott Hamilton, etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitman
    It's a Concord production so it was recorded sometime in the mid 80's I guess and at that time, Bickert def. used his Tele - it certainly sounds like it !
    There's another one : "Rosemary Clooney Sings Ballads" also on Concord, San Francisco April 1985
    and another :
    Rosemary Clooney Sings The Music Of Jimmy Van Heusen, also on Concord feat. Ed Bickert, Warren Vache, Scott Hamilton, etc.
    Correct. She recorded about a half-dozen albums from the early-80s to early-90s with the title, "Rosemary Clooney Sings the Music of ...." All great stuff, and E.B. plays on several of them.

User Info Menu

That was really beautiful and it's amazing how well George's aunt was singing at her age.

User Info Menu

Gitman is right. In '84 Ed Bickert was using his Telecaster. He had stopped using the ES175 by then.

User Info Menu

Hi, S,
    Great guitar and some tough tenor!
    Play live . . . Marinero