The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Not long before he died, Ralph Patt sent me the band parts for Charlie Christian's Solo Flight. I thought I had shared them here earlier, but can't see any evidence of that. There doesn't appear to be any copyright, but if I'm wrong I'll remove them. So here they are!

Rhythm Guitar.pdf
    Piano.pdf
    Guitar.pdf
    Drums.pdf
    Bass.pdf
    Baritone Sax.pdf
    Alto Sax 1 Clarinet.pdf
    Alto Sax 2.pdf

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And more:
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

And lastly:
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Hmm. I’ll see if I convince my local big band to indulge me hahaha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Not long before he died, Ralph Patt sent me the band parts for Charlie Christian's Solo Flight. I thought I had shared them here earlier, but can't see any evidence of that. There doesn't appear to be any copyright, but if I'm wrong I'll remove them. So here they are!
    Lovely, thanks. But I notice on the guitar part you only get a beat and a half to change the strings --- CC must have had a dexterous roadie!

User Info Menu

Haha. I assume that means play the following passage on a different string. Maybe not.

Christian - why not? It would be great fun to play.

User Info Menu

thank you!

Now, all I need is a big band to try them out..and my guitar.

User Info Menu

Wow, thanks!

User Info Menu

Rhythm Guitar.pdf
    Piano.pdf
    Guitar.pdf
    Drums.pdf
    Bass.pdf
    Baritone Sax.pdf
    Alto Sax 1 Clarinet.pdf
    Alto Sax 2.pdf

You shared them a few years ago, and I've performed it with a number of bands (even on CC's 100th birthday) thanks to you.
    Thanks again.

User Info Menu

I thought I might have! No harm in sharing them again.

User Info Menu

I think I will actually try it out once my band meets again. We have „only“ 5 horns but that may still work out. Thanks for sharing, Rob!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

You can adapt it, Steve. That would be great.

User Info Menu

I like that the piano part is exactly the same as the rhythm guitar, usually it’s the other way round.

Expect a recording in a year or two... and I need to transcribe the Benny Goodman solo, which the arranger very conveniently left for the alto player to „improvise BG style“.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk