The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

Good grief this guy can play! Not just fast lines, but fast lines with direction and melodicism. And listen to those 8th note lines! Complex and swinging! Love to hear younger players digging into the Grant Green/Benson/Wes/Burrell pantheon, and I think between this guy and Dan Wilson, there's nobody better.

Thoughts on this monster of a player? Anyone know if he's active on here?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Here he is in the last Monk Competition (now the Herbie Hancock Comp). Clear winner in my book!

User Info Menu

I don't think he's on this forum, but I wish he was. Incredible player and a really nice guy too.
    Last edited by mr. beaumont; 04-29-2021 at 05:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2fivefun

Good grief this guy can play! Not just fast lines, but fast lines with direction and melodicism. And listen to those 8th note lines! Complex and swinging! Love to hear younger players digging into the Grant Green/Benson/Wes/Burrell pantheon, and I think between this guy and Dan Wilson, there's nobody better.

He is great ! I took a lesson from him online really good teacher and I will do more lessons when I’m ready . He has some content on his Web site that’s good as well

Cecil Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I don't brevet he's on this forum, but I wish he was. Incredible player and a really nice guy too.
    Have you done some playing with him?

User Info Menu

Cecil is really a great player and a great teacher. I've learned a lot taking lessons from him. His approach is been very centered around some Barry Harris methods, but with his own little twists that make it very accessible on guitar. The guy really has no end to his development in sight, and if you think he's scary now, just wait a year or so, I think he's the future of Jazz guitar.

Also I swear I've seen some of his posts on here before but they seem to have disappeared

User Info Menu

All I can say is, "But Not For Me."

User Info Menu

Killin’!

User Info Menu

Nice to hear him on some Wes

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    All I can say is, "But Not For Me."
    Not for everybody, and that's ok!

User Info Menu

He mainly posts on his Instagram, so follow him there..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes;[URL="tel:1118301"
    1118301[/URL]]All I can say is, "But Not For Me."
    Cecil isnt guns blazing all the time. Try this on for size, very swinging, very tasty.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregKblues
    Cecil is really a great player and a great teacher. I've learned a lot taking lessons from him. His approach is been very centered around some Barry Harris methods, but with his own little twists that make it very accessible on guitar. The guy really has no end to his development in sight, and if you think he's scary now, just wait a year or so, I think he's the future of Jazz guitar.

Also I swear I've seen some of his posts on here before but they seem to have disappeared

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayBird70
    He is great ! I took a lesson from him online really good teacher and I will do more lessons when I’m ready . He has some content on his Web site that’s good as well

Cecil Alexander

User Info Menu

Here he is in the last Monk Competition (now the Herbie Hancock Comp). Clear winner in my book!
    Great track! I posted this in another thread, it's always good to watch and listen again!

User Info Menu

His video on creating bebop lines is very useful.

He's back!