The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So, having discovered Jakob Bro on the Marcin thread, I did some YouTubing and this guy is very interesting. Anyone here listen to him? Reading his bio, he's in so many projects, not sure what I should maybe try listening to first? Is all his stuff atmospheric (like the video below) or do his albums differ greatly, or???

I love atmospheric stuff, it's the quality that helps me enjoy Frissel and Lage so much. Even Duke Levine and Jim Campilongo (altho they are less atmospheric than others mentioned).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I enjoy his playing from the amount I have heard. I need to do a deep dive and check him out some more

User Info Menu

A little atmospheric go a long way with me so I can't claim to be an expert of his work, but Balladeering and Time are both very, very good for what they attempt to do. Balladeering in particular have a very pure artistic vision that I admire even if it's ultimately not my thing. It's of a piece in a way that I like

User Info Menu

Balladeering is one of my favorite guitar albums.

User Info Menu

I like what I have heard from him. The stuff he did with Konitz and Frisell is gorgeous.

User Info Menu

I' be been digging these releases lately:

Opal - YouTube

Gefion - YouTube

"These videos are only available to Music Premium members"