The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12
    Dutchbopper Guest
    Wow. Just wow. I had already seen him at work at the 2019 Herbie Hancock Institute of Jazz International Guitar Competition where he came in third. He was playing a Telecaster (partscaster) model then but recently he acquired an archtop. Note ... he does NOT always play like this.

What a skill set.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very impressive! You say that he doesn´t always play like that, but I wouldn’t object if he did! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierbarcelo
    Very impressive! You say that he doesn´t always play like that, but I wouldn’t object if he did! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Neither would I but I know this crowd a bit.

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Neither would I but I know this crowd a bit.

DB
    You mean that at other times Cecil takes a breath!

Yea, fine player and it should only be DUH that he doesn't always play-like-this.

But yea, sadly one does have to point out what should be "DUH", since some are so quick to judge someone based on very limited information.

User Info Menu

I really like his time feel - kind of straight across if that makes any sense. A bit of Grant Green and a bit of Martino? Even though the alt picked 8ths puts him in the latter, I feel his time sits a little differently. More up on it, if that makes any sense. Super blue notey.

User Info Menu

Honestly you can play as many - or as few - notes as you like when you have that kind of heavy feel

User Info Menu

He has a great instagram where he often posts playing videos, and discusses techniques, music, etc on his stories.

Login • Instagram

User Info Menu

Nice playing! Immaculate melodic note production. I'm intrigued by his L-5 homage. Any one know the brand/maker?

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Nice playing! Immaculate melodic note production. I'm intrigued by his L-5 homage. Any one know the brand/maker?
    A luthier called Alexander Polyakov from Russia.

DB

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

an absolute beast

User Info Menu

Hes just burning. I love his playing. I definitely get a Martino/Benson vibe