The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

m- have interacted in threads with you since you first joined...we have always remained gentlemanly and never had a problem...your wisdom and experience is valued...your opinion on iggy, is yours free to share...i just didn't like the calling out of a member, who i also have great respect for..and has done me a few solid turns

as per gtfo..i didn't say you used the term...i said you are offering your own intolerent version of it by slamming other members

that's all...and now back to our show

funny thing is, i stated in my post ^ that i didnt care for iggys performance in ops tune either!

cheers

ps- and its david b..db...not dj...you got that right on the attack and wrong on the apology!! haha

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    m- have interacted in threads with you since you first joined...we have always remained gentlemanly and never had a problem...your wisdom and experience is valued...your opinion on iggy, is yours free to share...i just didn't like the calling out of a member, who i also have great respect for..and has done me a few solid turns

as per gtfo..i didn't say you used the term...i said you are offering your own intolerent version of it by slamming other members

that's all...and now back to our show

funny thing is, i stated in my post ^ that i didnt care for iggys performance in ops tune either!

cheers

ps- and its david b..db...not dj...you got that right on the attack and wrong on the apology!! haha

O.K. N,
    If you perceived it as an attack on another member rather than Iggy . . . I will, once again, apologize to both of you. It was not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. However, why should contravening opinions/tastes be "intolerant" in a pejorative sense. There is, among some contributors here, a very high level of communication and musical skills they bring to this Forum. It is to these people I largely address my comments since, in all fairness, many of these esoteric comments and remarks are beyond the ken of most beginner and intermediate musicians. And, I AM intolerant of what I believe to be poor literature, art, and music since my time is limited and why should I waste it on marshmallows when I can eat Teuscher? So, the important thing ,for me, is to allow the free flow of communication with honest remarks by our contributors, myself included, where no one is silenced or ignored because their ideas of Art do not coincide with others or descend into infantile snips and personal attacks intended to derail the discussion. Of course, this censorship is a trademark of provincial people who ideas are crystalized and not open to challenge. Thanks for your honest remarks.
    Play live . . . Marinero

P.S. As a final remark, I am a performer. I have been fortunate to play with some quality musicians in my earlier life but for many years have chosen to play solo. I have never played music I didn't like or with musicians that were not serious. I find it difficult, at times, to relate to the New Age of "bedroom artists" or "internet musicians" that never do live gigs and control every aspect of their "playing" with a delete button or an editing machine since they miss the spontaneity of the musical experience . . . warts and all. Music will always remain special to me. It is not a board game, a math puzzle, or contrived inspiration/improvisation from a "How To" book. What a difference a day makes . . . M

User Info Menu

That's it, anytime Marinero starts a thread, I'll be posting Iggy and Eleonora and whoever else he hates videos on them. Gotta get my kicks somehow.

This is for you M. Play live!

User Info Menu

I just saw some documentary called "Punk" on my EPIX TV channel. Iggy was one of the interviewed artists.

Many of the interviewees were very proud of their music and their rejection of cultural norms. I can see how their behavior was affected and shaped by society, and how their followers may have shared many of the same sentiments - including "dangling their mortality over the fire" as they try to cope with their feelings of alienation and their disgust with society's various hypocracies.

When I hear the philosophies of folks like Iggy and Jane County, while I understand, I just think there has to be a better way other than destroying your body and mind in a haze of drugs, and taking those who don't know better down with you as they follow your lead.

But we have all done crazy hurtful things in our youth. I just with that as experienced adults, they would rebuke some of their decisions more strongly instead of reveling in the joy of abandon. To each his/her own, but beware.

Soothsayer Alsoran - 2021. Off soapbox.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I didn’t read it. My ignore list recently gained a new member.
    Welcome to the club! I haven't read a post by him and a number of people here in quite a while.

User Info Menu

Just wanted to toss in before Iggy was, well.. Iggy. He was a blues drummer and moved to Chicago to learn from the real deal and worked at The Jazz Record Mart... So there's that connection.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Just wanted to toss in before Iggy was, well.. Iggy. He was a blues drummer and moved to Chicago to learn from the real deal and worked at The Jazz Record Mart... So there's that connection.
    They mentioned that in the video I referred to earlier.

Like him or not, he is my hero when it comes to resiliency. Nothing keeps Iggy down. A lot can be learned from how he shoots the middle finger at Father Time and keeps on living and gaining new experiences, such as this collaboration. God, I hope I can be half as resilient, considering all that he has endured.

Here is a preview. Lots of bad language, but Iggy keeps it real and apparently produced the doc.
    Last edited by AlsoRan; 04-03-2021 at 12:00 AM.

User Info Menu

a worthy view....jarmusch-osterberg

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    a worthy view....jarmusch-osterberg

cheers
    ''I think I helped wipe out the 60's'' hahaha Brilliant! And thanks for that lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    That's it, anytime Marinero starts a thread, I'll be posting Iggy and Eleonora and whoever else he hates videos on them. Gotta get my kicks somehow.

This is for you M. Play live!
    Hi, Hep,
    Wouldn't your time be better spent playing scales? You must know I am a lost cause when it comes to Rock music and newly found internet phenoms.
    Play live . . . let's start with Pentatonic first . . . Marinero

P.S. I appreciate the humor among the flames!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, Hep,
    Wouldn't your time be better spent playing scales? You must know I am a lost cause when it comes to Rock music and newly found internet phenoms.
    Play live . . . let's start with Pentatonic first . . . Marinero

P.S. I appreciate the humor among the flames!
    No worries, I will find the time, on a break between the scales.