The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I hadn't heard of CC until someone mentioned him here and since then I've been listening a lot. He'a got a live album posted to YouTube and Soundcloud which is really good:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link.
    I am a fan of Chris Crocco.
    Great Stratocaster player.Very fresh jazz language.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Yep, great player -- and a great teacher, too!

Marc

User Info Menu

There are guitarists who do things that are unimagined in the canon of guitar. So often when pressed on why their styles are so enigmatically original, it comes out that their influences are not other guitarists.
    Chris Crocco's style is more on par with the great contemporary modern horn players than guitarists.
    In fact, he's one of the few guitarists who've cracked the code on George Garzone's chromatic approach to triads. It's a system of ordering, hearing and listening that enables Garzone to play in a way that feels like a lot of Coltrane and a lot of things unimagined by Coltrane yet is strongly lyrical. Way beyond the realm of just transcription because the creative process is so unique and untraditional, defying the conventional rule book. Chris Crocco is a modern horn player who happens to play a strat.
    This is where I hear Chris coming from. Where he takes it is always a revelation.

User Info Menu

Exactly, what "Jimmy" [David] said!

User Info Menu

This is a fun show, too:

User Info Menu

I've been a fan since the Fluid Trio+ album came out. He seem to be under recorded, so it was great getting this live record from him.

How come a player like that isn't better known?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I've been a fan since the Fluid Trio+ album came out. He seem to be under recorded, so it was great getting this live record from him.

How come a player like that isn't better known?
    ...and he is a really nice person.