User Info Menu

Not sure this belongs in this forum, but wanted to post it somewhere.
    During my normal YouTube rabbit hole session, this popped up as recommended.
    I was like "I didn't know Johnny ever even touched a guitar". I knew he played some drums.
    Anyway, nothing groundbreaking here, but he sang it well and heartfelt.
    Someone in the comments stated that he worked 6 months with Tommy Mottola to
    do this. Having never touched a guitar before, he wanted to surprise the audience who
    were going to assume it was a gag. He never played the guitar again supposedly.

Well, i thought it was nice and a real surprise.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

When Gene Bertoncini was playing in the Tonight Show band, Johnny took guitar lessons from him. But Johnny was impatient and, as mastery didn't come immediately, it didn't last long. I had no idea this footage existed! I had no idea that he could sing.

User Info Menu

Johnny's favorite song. Sang it with Better Midler on his final show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Johnny's favorite song. Sang it with Better Midler on his final show.
    Yep, I read that. Thought it was on the second to last show. I know she did "One for my Baby" and that got to both of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    When Gene Bertoncini was playing in the Tonight Show band, Johnny took guitar lessons from him. But Johnny was impatient and, as mastery didn't come immediately, it didn't last long. I had no idea this footage existed! I had no idea that he could sing.
    I really thought he sung it just swell. I'd be thrilled to sing like that.