User Info Menu

Fabulous interview with the great Joe Farnsworth.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice interview, thanks for posting it!

I've seen him live behind Eric Alexander and it's funny but the one thing that struck me about him and his playing was his time. Really sharp with the time, no bleeding over. You could really feel him swing.

That movie he played with Wynton Marsalis in, Motherless Brooklyn, is worth a look just for the couple of scenes that they swing in. The music for the film overall was worth a listen but there was one scene where the lead actor, Ed Norton ( who plays this odd, savant like character ) is in this jazz bar and is scatting to this uptempo bebop tune the band is playing, doing his best to keep up because Marsalis is just ripping it up and Farnsworth is really driving it. The band is made up of actors but once you hear the players, you know someone good is behind it all. Otherwise it's just a film noir for Norton. I think it was on Netflix??

Quote Originally Posted by keith
    Nice interview, thanks for posting it!

I've seen him live behind Eric Alexander and it's funny but the one thing that struck me about him and his playing was his time. Really sharp with the time, no bleeding over. You could really feel him swing.

That movie he played with Wynton Marsalis in, Motherless Brooklyn, is worth a look just for the couple of scenes that they swing in. The music for the film overall was worth a listen but there was one scene where the lead actor, Ed Norton ( who plays this odd, savant like character ) is in this jazz bar and is scatting to this uptempo bebop tune the band is playing, doing his best to keep up because Marsalis is just ripping it up and Farnsworth is really driving it. The band is made up of actors but once you hear the players, you know someone good is behind it all. Otherwise it's just a film noir for Norton. I think it was on Netflix??
    Shame MB isn’t on Netflix anymore. Farnsworth had time ground into him by so many of the greats. He’s a great story teller.