User Info Menu

France Musique have posted a video of Stan Getz in 1971 which includes some nice footage of Rene Thomas (his solo starts at 5:00):

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My trumpet playing friend told me a story about Rene Thomas's daughter

Apparently, she was going out with a musician and told him who her father was.

The guy said something like, "Rene Thomas, he was just a Jimmy Raney copycat."

She proceeded to punch him square in the face.

I think the original story is even funnier, I don't remember the details. Love Rene's playing. I think he'd fit right in with Wes and Grant Green especially the way he played in the 60s.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PickingMyEars
    My trumpet playing friend told me a story about Rene Thomas's daughter

Apparently, she was going out with a musician and told him who her father was.

The guy said something like, "Rene Thomas, he was just a Jimmy Raney copycat."

She proceeded to punch him square in the face.

I think the original story is even funnier, I don't remember the details. Love Rene's playing. I think he'd fit right in with Wes and Grant Green especially the way he played in the 60s.
    I almost got in a fight with the musician who married Rene's daughter, because I put down RT's last album! I was lucky a friend of mine restrained the dude!