The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

'Brother Robert' Tells True Story Of Childhood With Blues Legend Robert Johnson : NPR

>>>>[Elijah] Wald, who wrote the introduction to Brother Robert, says Anderson's book offers a necessary corrective to the image of Johnson as a backwoods loner playing primal and haunted music."Robert Johnson was as much the guy from Memphis who went out in the country and was the hip city guy as he ever was the guy from the dark Delta who went up to the cities," he says.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

One of my favorite Robert Johnson tunes.

User Info Menu

The Jimmie Rodgers song mentioned in the NPR piece. I've heard my mom sing this all my life.

User Info Menu

I don't know if that's Robert Johnson and Fred McDowell. I wonder what Annye Anderson would say.

User Info Menu

Just reading that very book after I had finished his definitive biography by Gayle Dean Wardlow and Bruce Conforth. Now we know so much more about the real person instead of all the myths that have been repeated endlessly. One of the real treats is the hitherto unknown photo of him.

User Info Menu

I heard the author (his stepsister) interviewed. She is a good talker, and certainly changes the perception of Robert from what the legend might lead one to believe.

User Info Menu

I just ordered the book.
    I think there's a very good chance that's Robert Johnson and Fred McDowell in the video. It's almost criminal not to have it restored in 4K if the original film exists.

User Info Menu

It wasn't the devil waiting at the crossroads for Bob. It was a music publisher.
    Play the blues Mr. Johnson!
    I play everything..