The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

topic covered recently:

https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/every...zz-guitar.html

please, not another brawl!

my friend polly (aka jazzerchick)

Small World

http://www.myspace.com/curtiscalderon

Oh, I forgot Sirabhorn Munthaborn aka Dr. ka-Ti.

User Info Menu

The shapes of a guitar are so feminine that she attracts mainly male players I guess......

User Info Menu

Mary Osborne played with Billie Holliday etc.

DG

User Info Menu

So many good ones out there today, and if she wasn't good enough, Nora Jones has been playing some guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    The shapes of a guitar are so feminine......
    except for that neck...that's about as phallic as it gets!

Just discovered another one: Leni Stern (Mike's wife!)

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    except for that neck...that's about as phallic as it gets!
    That is a disturbing idea when thinking about the lest hand activity.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    The shapes of a guitar are so feminine that she attracts mainly male players I guess......
    I read about the history of the guitar. It was interesting to find that the guitar as we know it started out in Europe as a parlor instrument usually played by women for their own amusement.

User Info Menu

I may not be famous or well-known, or that competent on the guitar, but I just recently graduated as a guitar major with Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies. I know my website has both metal and jazz compositions/arrangements, but check it out www.madmetalmage.com (the Music section at the top).

OK...I just revealed my gender!

Quote Originally Posted by \m/ Mad Metal Mage \m/
    I may not be famous or well-known, or that competent on the guitar, but I just recently graduated as a guitar major with Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies. I know my website has both metal and jazz compositions/arrangements, but check it out www.madmetalmage.com (the Music section at the top).

OK...I just revealed my gender!
    Cool !!
    Your website is acting weird, constantly asking for an iDisk login .
    Are you also the singer I see on that video on your myspace ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lambosoa
    Just discovered another one: Leni Stern (Mike's wife!)
    I really liked Leni's earlier stuff. I have seen a few times and she is great in concert. She has had Bill Frisell and Wayne Krantz in her earlier bands.

PJ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lambosoa
    Cool !!
    Your website is acting weird, constantly asking for an iDisk login .
    Are you also the singer I see on that video on your myspace ?
    Oops! It was a permissions issue...at least I was tech-savvy enough to fix it. Thanks for pointing it out. Yeah I am that person in the "Shedding the Ashes" YouTube video on MySpace. I look different now though. That means I need to make more music. LOL. j/k

February 19...my site is having problemos...you may be able to hit "cancel" 10x to get in...very sorry for inconvenience...will get on it as soon as I get home from work tonight...
    Last edited by \m/ Mad Metal Mage \m/; 02-19-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: My site is down, sort of....

User Info Menu

I know some exellent young female guitarists and bassists like Alex Nolan on Guitar and Amanda Ruzza and Tal Wilkenfeld on Bass guitar. There are probably a lot more, all over the world.

User Info Menu

You can hear A.N. & A.R. on You Tube jamming on Charlie Parker.
    Tal Wilkenfeld is famous for her work with JeFF Beck, and has her own CD with Wayne Krantz on guitar, all beautifull stuff.

User Info Menu