The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

brother jack!

with cornell dupree on guitar..doin red holloways-no tears

mcduff played with some great guitarists...benson, martino, sparks, dupree etc etc

cheers

User Info Menu

I'll be playing this one w/my trio Sat night @ an outdoor gig

User Info Menu

Brrrrr! Hope you live somewhere warm! Where is the gig?

User Info Menu

Indian summer in Philly this weekend, 64 degrees and sunny, though it's only 36 today

User Info Menu

Don't forget Bill Jennings!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Indian summer in Philly this weekend, 64 degrees and sunny, though it's only 36 today
    it's always sunny in philadelphia

cheers

User Info Menu

This is my favorite McDuff set.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    This is my favorite McDuff set.

Wow. I mean... WOW. What a band! And Antibes ain't exactly slummin'. Learn to play jazz, see the world! ;-)

Nothin' against the other posts, just haven't had time to check 'em out yet. Thanks, all. I love all the great music that JGF turns me on to! While I'm at it, THANKS DIRK for all you do!

User Info Menu

One of my all-time favorite live gigs was back in the 90s ... Jack McDuff playing dueling B3s with Joey DeFrancesco. They had a fake rivalry schtick going throughout the set that they later revealed was really a father/son thing. Awesome playing by both.

User Info Menu

a fave mcduff...the honeydripper...with grant green

whap!

cheers

User Info Menu

McDuff’s grooves are right down my alleys of what I really prefer and he did some really nice things with Gene Harris, hell it’s all great!

User Info Menu

Another of my favorites! Whap

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    a fave mcduff...the honeydripper...with grant green

whap!

cheers
    Hah, same tune I posted in listening thread recently! We'll be playing that one Sat too....

User Info Menu

Cool! I have some friends in Philly who are jonesing for live music. Where is the gig? I'll send them your way if it's open to the public!

User Info Menu

sorry BMoore, haven't posted for a few days not seeing this until now. anyway the gig was outside @ B&B's. all went great, nice weather, really good support from a lot of old friends I haven't seen since March, tables all socially distanced, etc. I think we may be done until the spring or a vaccine, Dec is fast approaching.

but someone posted the whole video from the 60's McDuff show in Antibes linked above.
    I knew there had to be more than the 2 commonly seen videos '1 and 8' and 'It Aint Necessarily So' that have been on youtube for awhile.
    turns out there's also Jack's composition 'A Real Goodun' and Basie's arrangement of 'April In Paris' to end the show.
    imo, this is one of the best Hammond videos posted to date and the only footage of Jack's classic quartet, and I believe the only footage of drummer Joe Dukes that exists, was really excited to stumble on this!
    make sure you catch the whole thing, the ending is.......

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up, wintermoon!

User Info Menu

Let’s get the party started

User Info Menu

a slow burner with kenny burrell

crash

cheers

User Info Menu

While living in Chi, I went every year to see the "Cap'n" at Chicago's Jazz Showcase. He always featured outstanding young tenors/guitarists in his band. Always a great time. RIP, brother!
    Play live . . . Marinero