The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Duke had a rough time with his shoulder for it seems like a year or more. Good to see him back up and at it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Got to hang out with Duke and my best friend Sarah Brown when he played with Johnny Nicholas at the Saxon Pub last Feb. The three of them have known each other and played togeher since the 70's. Duke Robillard live (recent) Rhythm & Roots Festival-johnny-sarah-duke-jpg

I used to go listen to Roomfull Of Blues in Boston. That older jump blues sound is swinging!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    I used to go listen to Roomfull Of Blues in Boston. That older jump blues sound is swinging!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Duke had a rough time with his shoulder for it seems like a year or more. Good to see him back up and at it.

If he had shoulder problems, I hope that Les Paul guitar is chambered.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting Mark. I've been watching it this afternoon in segments between chores and practicing. By the way he holds his guitar it looks like it was his left shoulder...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Thanks for posting Mark. I've been watching it this afternoon in segments between chores and practicing. By the way he holds his guitar it looks like it was his left shoulder...
    Yes, it was the left one.
    I see his lessons at Sonic Junction now and again. He had other people cover for him a few times. He also talked some about things he couldn't do at the moment because of the shoulder.

He had surgery. Researching that just now, the surgery was a few years ago! He was told it would take a year to see how well he could play. But he can't do everything he used to and favors lighter guitars now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    But he can't do everything he used to and favors lighter guitars now.
    Like a Les Paul?

Anyway: when I think of everybody praising the virtues of vintage guitars and listen to Duke playing current models and quite inexpensive ones to boot and getting a "vintage" sound it tells me something....

User Info Menu

That's funny.

I just tested my new Logi HD 1080p WebCam with a Duke tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Like a Les Paul?

Anyway: when I think of everybody praising the virtues of vintage guitars and listen to Duke playing current models and quite inexpensive ones to boot and getting a "vintage" sound it tells me something....
    That's why someone above said they hoped it was chambered!