The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sad news, a wonderful saxophonist who I saw many times (and met at his house once!)

RIP Peter King 1940-2020 – News, reviews, features and comment from the London jazz scene and beyond

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

sorry to hear...played with so many greats...

one of my faves - with stan tracey- free an' one

rip pk

cheers

User Info Menu

Damn. Another of the greats has left us. The Phil Woods website said that he was in very bad shape a number of years ago, and I think they were asking for contributions for him, so I knew he was in bad health at one time.
    He had a great group with Dick Morrissey which was called Perfect Pitch, I think.
    He also wrote 'serious' music. Great loss, RIP.

User Info Menu

Some photos by Brian O’Connor from 1985. The second and third shots were when we met Peter at his house, for Brian to take pictures. Brian and I had both gone straight there from work and were wearing dark blue suits. After a long wait, Peter opened the door and said ‘Bloody hell, I thought you was the bleedin’ rozzers!’ (old Brit slang for cops). I wondered if he had been disposing of some questionable substances before answering the door! Anyway he was very friendly, and he really opened up when Brian asked to see his flying model planes (this was a big hobby of Peter’s - Brian had done his research well). I think Peter was pleased that anyone was interested!

RIP Peter King-07e6ffbc-0ce1-4d51-b5c0-9158976c11d0-jpgRIP Peter King-1c12e96c-0c82-43d6-8615-bc573e7eb8a9-jpgRIP Peter King-59aff27e-04b6-4767-9758-bf80e0dfae89-jpg

User Info Menu

RIP one of the greats. Always loved this performance.

User Info Menu

Sad news! He will be missed...