The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Discovered this cool series of interviews with artists associated with ECM like Frisell and David Torn but also many non-guitar players like Steve Swallow and Carla Bley. Very high production value. Check out the creator´s Vimeo channel for even better versions with music.

David Torn is nothing like I imagined he would be! Cool to hear the background on Cloud About Mercury.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

hey thanks for the heads up...i love that ecm stuff...torn interview was great...i was a big fan of the everyman band...have the 2 records...used to see those guys around...played with lou reed and don cherry

lookin forward to the rest

cheers

User Info Menu

ps- you sent me down an ecm rabbit hole!!! watched a bunch of these ecm-50 vids

a great one...richie beirach...great pianist...had a masters in theory and composition before he cut with ecm...such an old school ny guy!...brilliant...quirky...fun

speaks much truth

cheers

Really glad you like them! I think these deserve more attention.

I will check that one out next. Beirach is new to me, but I am sure he is great. One added bonus of these is that I keep discovering a lot of new music through them.

User Info Menu

another great pianist and musical thinker- art lande-

cheers

User Info Menu

David Torn, such a warm hearted person. I always dug his album with Jan Garbarek, especially the tune Mission: To Be Where I Am

i did the tune not long ago, it has these poppy chords and there’s a modal shift from E to D in the last part. Never sure what to play on this kind of music. David Torn, not a jazzer at all, apparently, pulled it off quite nicely. His solo is worth checking out.

I’d love more ECM music on Jazzguitar.be,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezebox
    Really glad you like them! I think these deserve more attention.

I will check that one out next. Beirach is new to me, but I am sure he is great. One added bonus of these is that I keep discovering a lot of new music through them.
    Check out the John Abercrombie Quartet sides with Beirach. I love that band.