The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I don't remember hearing this band when I was a kid.

I'm catching up now.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

albert was great right from the get go!

here he is on dobro

cheers

User Info Menu

A "Guitar World" article on Albert Lee by Troy Grady.
    Includes footage from the Cracking the Code interview / feature Troy did with Albert.

https://www.guitarworld.com/lessons/...-country-curve

User Info Menu

I do. Saw them in a church hall in the UK early 70s.

User Info Menu

I've seen him live twice in the last 5 years or so. My brother's close friend is his manager, and I've been in the green room before the performances with the band. He's a really nice and seems humble for who he is. Also, it seems to me he's more into the songs/songwriting than playing the guitar... also plays piano when he performs. Check him out when we get a chance again, he plays often and at small venues. Plays the Museum of Making Music every year or so in my neck of the woods. He's 76 and still ripping it up.

Larry Calton, Mr. 335. Albert Lee known as Mr. Telecaster, but plays his own signature model guitar these days.

User Info Menu

Rig rundown

User Info Menu

A live version of "Country Boy" with Steve Morse.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I've seen him live twice in the last 5 years or so. My brother's close friend is his manager, and I've been in the green room before the performances with the band. He's a really nice and seems humble for who he is. Also, it seems to me he's more into the songs/songwriting than playing the guitar... also plays piano when he performs. Check him out when we get a chance again, he plays often and at small venues. Plays the Museum of Making Music every year or so in my neck of the woods. He's 76 and still ripping it up.

That's a nifty four minutes right there. I think Albert shows more pick than anyone else I know. (Anyone who can play fast and fluid as he does.)

User Info Menu

Ricky Skaggs is a phenom also, and here he is doing Albert Lees tune in a really fun video. And, btw, guitar is not his first instrument, more known for mandolin. He also plays fiddle and banjo.

Mark, check this out:

User Info Menu

For those unfamiliar with "Uncle Pen", a Bill Monroe classic.