The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

new on youtube:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That sounds so "70's " , nobody plays like that anymore .... don't know if that's good or bad

User Info Menu

that's a lot of playing for the Ramada Inn in Schenectady N.Y.!!! haha

cheers

User Info Menu

I thought the part where EG and the drummer dropped out, and JW and AZ were playing counterpoint got off to a shaky start, but then settled into one of the most beautiful examples of unaccompanied improvised counterpoint I've ever heard, with JW doing a great sequential chordal figure, and Attila picking up on it beautifully.
    As for the rest of it, I'll just say that EG blew them both away, although you really didn't get to hear Atilla blow on it, other than when they were trading fours with the drummer. Typical hyper JW overplaying, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    I thought the part where EG and the drummer dropped out, and JW and AZ were playing counterpoint got off to a shaky start, but then settled into one of the most beautiful examples of unaccompanied improvised counterpoint I've ever heard, with JW doing a great sequential chordal figure, and Attila picking up on it beautifully.
    As for the rest of it, I'll just say that EG blew them both away, although you really didn't get to hear Atilla blow on it, other than when they were trading fours with the drummer. Typical hyper JW ht y, IMHO.
    i thought you'd feel that way about JW.

have you checked out the other clips?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djg
    i thought you'd feel that way about JW.

have you checked out the other clips?

That one was much better. Other than those bass tremolo things he throws in, JW was playing some swinging lines and sounded much more in control than he did on SBS. The guy who taped it included Attila's solo this time which had had some beautiful lines in it, and had some Raney things in there, too.
    They're very interactive players, and got into a polyrhythmic thing there that sounded like it was going to explode!
    Thanks for posting that, Holger. Things are much better in NY since the last time we spoke, but the rest of the country is going to hell because of you-know-who trying to get re-elected any way he can. The EU made a smart move in closing their borders!
    Last edited by sgcim; 07-15-2020 at 05:50 PM.

joelf Guest
    I love both those guys...