User Info Menu

I don't know if this has been posted already, but here's a loudmouth DJ interviewing GG:
    YouTube

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting. Sound quality is of its era ('72?) and the pace seems glacial. But it's Grant, so I hung in longer than I otherwise would have.

User Info Menu

good interview...i found dj ok... he really was familiar with and dug grant...comes across...st. louis cats

too bad its chopped up copy that sharony green received (& posted)..but green family has done solid job keepin grants legend alive

i like 70's grant..they are talking up the final comedown soundtrack he did..which i like..and hopefully did him some good financially

always great to hear grant...really easy goin cat...

here's track they play in interview with way better quality...the battle..from the final comedown..with electric miles davis guy mtume on percussion

cheers

User Info Menu

"with electric miles davis guy mtume on percussion"

yes, the late Jimmy Heath's son. also happened to co write 'Never Knew Love Like This Before' the Stephanie Mills hit, our organ trio had been playing an arrangement of it before covid. a tenor player friend I know that grew up w/ and is very close to the Heath family told me Mtume isn't in the best of health himself these days