The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

The unclassifiable, underrated and massively innovative John Martyn in 1973

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I remember seeing that session on its first airing.

I was an impressionable 16 year old and Solid Air has been on my playlist ever since.

User Info Menu

One of my first musical memories is Small Hours from One World. That and Gary Numan haha.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    One of my first musical memories is Small Hours from One World. That and Gary Numan haha.
    Gary Numan - I could never get past his first hit: Underpants

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I'll never forget hearing this on The Old Grey Whistle Test. He's only 21 years young, singing about life lessons. Great guitar playing too.

User Info Menu

Good grief he wrote that when he was 21?

User Info Menu

Yup. I had a female student who asked me if I could teach her songwriting, for which I have no talent whatsoever. So I said, let's watch this video, he being a real songwriter. The poor girl was near in tears, and more or less decided to give up there and then! Thankfully I talked her out of that, and she is now doing acoustic nights in Edinburgh with her own songs. But, yes, amazing song for a 21 year old.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I'll never forget hearing this on The Old Grey Whistle Test. He's only 21 years young, singing about life lessons. Great guitar playing too.

One of my favourite songs ever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Yup. I had a female student who asked me if I could teach her songwriting, for which I have no talent whatsoever. So I said, let's watch this video, he being a real songwriter. The poor girl was near in tears, and more or less decided to give up there and then! Thankfully I talked her out of that, and she is now doing acoustic nights in Edinburgh with her own songs. But, yes, amazing song for a 21 year old.
    or any age really

User Info Menu

Beautiful
    The guitar sounds like whole band playing ....

i saw john play shortly before he passed
    he was wonderful ....
    Last edited by pingu; 05-07-2020 at 07:52 PM.