The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

As Matteo says in the notes, he is contributing to a Sebastiaan Cornelissen project - an album honoring the music of Allan Holdsworth.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

magnificent

User Info Menu

Wow. Allan 2.

this is not an Allan solo is it? It’s his solo?

You know the other day I said no one had internalised Allan’s approach? Turns out that’s not true.

User Info Menu

His technique is impressive. But all I see from this guy looks too "prepared". His lines are so clear and flowing with none of those half a second hesitations that I hear even by the greatests and that makes me think "he is in the midst of a deep improvisation". If he never play the same solos in and out, I'll be the first to book a ticket for his next gig around. If not it's not my definition of jazz.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

User Info Menu

he would give Govan a run...the finger style shredding is amazing..

and for those who wonder..he CAN play Donna Lee..!!

now.. he needs a guitar tha will stay in tune..John Suhr..if your not too busy...

User Info Menu

Re: Govan: he's really cool, centred and interesting guy, fantastic guitarist, and plays pop/fusion shred guitar best in the world.

I think comparing him to Allan is a little.... I can only imagine people who say that hear Allan very differently to the way I do. (Not saying you are Wolfen, but people do.) Allan was a thunderbolt out of the blue. Total original who had his own style of music.

OTOH this guy is clearly an Allan imitator. Super impressive, as I haven't heard Allan's medium speed note choices channeled like that (plenty have got the fast stuff.)

But that's going to need to cook a bit and for him find his own voice. He's what? Early 20s still? That's fine.

It's also very hard to evaluate a player on the internet. But then that's where the technical guitar players live now isn't it? Tom Quayle, Martin Miller all the rest of them. And given the current situation, they are ahead of the curve.

Live music isn't going to come back quickly...

User Info Menu

Kinda funny to see how some people online often "need to" criticize anybody's playing unnecessarily. It's just too obvious to me anyway that he plays great. Do those guys have some anxiety issue or something? I don't know but hope they are ok.

User Info Menu

Matteo, a superior player, .
    . has clearly absorbed Holdsworth's language and employed his own unique technique to deal play

Holdsworth has technique most cant play ( myself included)
    Holdsworth has language the majority dont understand and highly unlikely they will.

User Info Menu

Alan was no thunderbolt he was a Genius, right next to Bird Bud Coltrane.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marvinvv
    Alan was no thunderbolt he was a Genius, right next to Bird Bud Coltrane.
    I was employing a metaphor