The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Great posts everyone. Flat, if you have as an mp3, it would be awsome to hear that Howard Roberts seminar!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey Jamieh -

Mike Evans has it on his site. Scroll down under "Lectures."

http://utstat.utoronto.ca/mikevans/h.../instruct.html

It was recorded on a cassette jam box. The sound quality is not very good. Some of the student questions are pretty lame. But it's nice to hear at least for the sake of nostalgia.

User Info Menu

I don't see any previous mention of this; I can't imagine this stayed under the radar

User Info Menu

This is an old thread that should not die.

Here's some of his music to sample. His technique is amazing. His runs are very complex and interesting. Yet he cranks out tasteful melodies that are engaging.

Howard contributed much beyond just performing.

There are very, very few who achieved his professionalism and his artistry.

User Info Menu

During the 80s I was the Howard Roberts band many times. These were like jam sessions with really long solos by all. While this allowed the musicians to streach it would have been nice if this was done on only 1 song instead of every song. The most interesting night was when Roberts played with Garbo Sabbo. Maybe because Howard did not know some of Garbo tunes down pat he played more grounded. Funny but I saw the comment about 16 bar solos, which was common on Roberts commercial Capital recordings of mostly pop tunes. Well in these gigs the solos were 116 bars!! Still Howard had chops.

User Info Menu

Howard Roberts and George Benson sound SO similar . . .

User Info Menu

Hadn't heard that record in a long time. Thanks for posting this.

User Info Menu

Too funny--I just listened to this yesterday along with Mr. Roberts Plays Guitar.

Two great records!

Danny W.