Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

I like so much of Jack's stuff and on a different day I might choose something else, but today I'm posting this......

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ah, back when we were young and dashing. Or at least younger..

User Info Menu

Utmost here respect for Jack. Still tearin' it up.
    Guy on the bass in too shabby either

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Ah, back when we were young and dashing. Or at least younger..
    Ha!
    Jack is still pretty dashing and still plays the hell out of the instrument.

I reckon I won't be or do either when I, hopefully, reach 75.

User Info Menu

I've always liked Jack's playing. He's not much older than I am, but he's always been more dashing and a much better player. My envy is only minor.

User Info Menu

Good to see some love for Jack. He's been great forever, with a resume to die for. He's a great guy, too. Everyone loves Jack the player and person...

User Info Menu

My longtime favorite from Jack -- so much to learn from each of these musicians:

User Info Menu

A big favorite of mine since I heard his first LP "Merge" in 77'. A really fine solo player as well, very musical with great technical skill. A favorite solo piece of his and one that I play...I only wish I had come up with it on my own is " My Foolish Heart". I also enjoyed the LP he did with Nancy Harrow. My Foolish Heart is not on "Merge" but on "Mexico"

Last edited by rob taft; 02-12-2020 at 08:29 PM.

User Info Menu

His beloved L-7 with the humbucker cut in. I'd love to find that guitar for him.

User Info Menu

Amazing player and truly fine human being. I took a lesson with him a few years ago, and had more fun playing with him than anybody I’ve studied with, because he put me at ease and was so supportive and complementary. Truly grateful for that! I wish that he was much better known. I think he must be royalty in New York City, though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yebdox
    Amazing player and truly fine human being. I took a lesson with him a few years ago, and had more fun playing with him than anybody I’ve studied with, because he put me at ease and was so supportive and complementary. Truly grateful for that! I wish that he was much better known. I think he must be royalty in New York City, though.
    I agree, well said.

I'm not inside the NYC Jazz scene, just an outsider and fan, so I can only relay what I hear and see when I go see his shows. With that said, i do see young and old come up to him after to talk about how much they love him and enjoyed the show. I wish he was better known as well......he's just the best.

User Info Menu

Jack's well-known and respected---worldwide.

Don't forget he's been around a long time, and is on many recordings besides his own that were widely distributed and praised...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    Jack's well-known and respected---worldwide.

Don't forget he's been around a long time, and is on many recordings besides his own that were widely distributed and praised...
    You're right.