The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Someone smarter than me please put the link up. This is insane. He's 65 years old. I remember Jim Hall saying "Pat's work ethic is ferocious". Start in Singapore and end the tour in Norway, in six months time, with stops from NewZealand to South America. Wife and I go to Europe for two and a half weeks and I'm beat. But then again I'm a year older than Pat....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here you go: Pat Metheny : Schedule

Looks like it’s mostly Europe.

User Info Menu

No UK dates. It must be a Brexit thing.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

That's incredible! I wish him good health.

Don't tell Greta Thunberg, though! He's really using a lot of energy, and not just on stage. I'm joking and not seriously criticising him, of course, it's just that I personally know two international performers who have decided to cut down to almost zero the number of concerts that require flights. I wonder how many others are doing so? It could eventually really affect how great performers are seen in concert. That would be a great pity. He's a cool guy, so I wonder if he has put thought into offsetting his carbon footprint.

Sorry, I'm just musing on the near future..no more international tours?

Oh, thanks! There'll be a concert in my Hometown here next year. Wonderful.
    "I'll be there!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaco
    ?..This is insane. He's 65 years old...
    Thanks for sharing the tour. Regarding the the age thing: I would like to believe, that nowadays in 2020s age 65 is considered to young. I insist

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newsense
    No UK dates. It must be a Brexit thing.

How on Earth could be this is a "Brexit thing"? He also do not touches multiple dozen countries even in Europe... Christian last thread is exactly about this. (I mean complexity bias)

Btw it is obvious that it is related to the last UFO thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by running_doc
    Oh, thanks! There'll be a concert in my Hometown here next year. Wonderful.
    "I'll be there!"
    which is...?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    How on Earth could be this is a "Brexit thing"?
    Sorry - British irony. I didn't expect anyone to take me seriously....

User Info Menu

... or to put it another way: Pat has always managed 2 or 3 UK dates on previous European tours. So, what hs changed for 2020?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newsense
    ... or to put it another way: Pat has always managed 2 or 3 UK dates on previous European tours. So, what hs changed for 2020?

I heard he didn't like Boris Johnson. He can't abide a guy who doesn't take care of his hair.

(I keed, I keed...)