The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm interested in the sound Scofield gets on Musing for Miles.

Pretty sure it's heavy on some variety of vibe pedal. Any ideas?

I'm pondering getting a Fulltone Custom Shop MDV-3 mini deja vibe pedal. Seems like it would be cool to have the expression pedal part to change on the fly, but not totally sure if this is the sound I'm looking for.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

[Hi -- are you talking about the Joe Henderson album with Sco, "So Near, So Far: Musings for Miles," or some other song?]

You may want to look here, too: Famous Jazz Guitarists and Their Guitar Gear

yes sorry. The track sidecar in particular.

I have seen that before...the album is 26 years old though (insane...still sound fresh, also I remember when it came out and pretty sure it wasn't 26 years ago! When I graduated high school. jesus).

Also I think his board has changed significantly even since the website.

User Info Menu

Not that i know specifics but that album is during his RAT + ibanez chorus + Mesa Boogie years

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Not that i know specifics but that album is during his RAT + ibanez chorus + Mesa Boogie years
    Yep -- just listened to "Side Car;" definitely Rat, and sounds like some light chorus, too.

And it's definitely a must-have album!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    And it's definitely a must-have album!!
    Agreed.

But why stop at one Hen album? State of the Tenor is impossible to beat. Double Rainbow. So many . . .

ok maybe I'll check out a chorus pedal...I don't have one.

My other favorite Joe Henderson album is Lush Life, same idea, different composer, different band. So good.