The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 87

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    I anticipate diving in on the Bb blues stuff first. I do have Tim's "Guitarist Magazine" Bb blues stuff...which has some great moves but the YouTube moves fast even though I have the TAB.The Truefire playback controls and Soundslice are very helpful though so I look forward to that.
    Hi alltunes

You don't fancy "Time after Time" then?
    We have Tims blessing and possible support with this tune, and Tim thinks it will be a good tune to lead into the TrueFire course.
    I would be really keen to work through it as a study group.

Andy

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm sort of like (actually am) that person that is in the middle of reading three books a the same time but not getting too far on any of them The tune it self Time after Time does not grab my ear so much and I'm juggling a few other things that have piqued my interest these days. I go off on tangents but it is usually on tunes I really like. For example every time on pick up the guitar for the last day or three I am noodling on Bill Frisell's tune Rambler. And I'm overdue to post something on the Garrison Fewell thread plus I should be running my business Not enough time in a day.

User Info Menu

Tim posted something on Facebook of interest here:"...The first course, Solo Jazz Pathways-Chordal Improvisation is coming out on March 18th. The next two are a ways off, I’ll be shooting them the last week of Feb and they probably won’t be out for a few months after that.

("The next two" refers to Jazz Blues Soloing and Comping Styles,)

User Info Menu

Hey Guys,
    I just heard from the folks at TF. Looks like the release date for Solo Jazz Pathways in will March 19th . I'm also going to be filming my next two courses the last week of February so there will be a few more in the hopper soon.
    thanks for all the interest and support.
    all the best
    Tim
    Last edited by TLerch; 02-21-2020 at 03:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TLerch
    ... TF ... Solo Jazz Pathways ...
    merci pour tout / Thanks for everything

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Hey Guys,
    Thank you all for your interest and support as I get this TF course underway. The new release date is March 9th and please if you haven't ordered yet, (waiting for the actual release) please visit my website www.timlerch.com and order it from there. (i get a better % if you do it that way)
    Thanks and keep a look out for my next two courses (just shot then last week) "Jazz Blues Pathways" and "Harmonic Enhancement". Both are available for pre order. or you can wait and get them thru my Website as the release date gets closer.
    all the best
    Tim

User Info Menu

The new course should be released in 5 days. Here is the trailer. If you want to order it (thank you to all who already have) please visit Tim Lerch TrueFire | Tim Lerch

thanks guys for all of your support and interest
    all the best
    Tim

User Info Menu

Looking forward to it, Tim. Best wishes for its reception.

User Info Menu

I thought today was the day?

User Info Menu

Thank you
    there was a small snag in the transcription, its all fixed now and the course will be released tomorrow (March 10th ) thank you for your patience.
    Tim

User Info Menu

It’s out now! Right when I am (a) quarantined at home (ugh…) and (b) working on my chord melody chops. Thanks Tim, your Italian student is very grateful! I’m sure it will keep me good company and teach me a lot of things!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radiofm74
    It’s out now! Right when I am (a) quarantined at home (ugh…) and (b) working on my chord melody chops. Thanks Tim, your Italian student is very grateful! I’m sure it will keep me good company and teach me a lot of things!
    Great news! FYI: For those who preordered, just checked your Truefire account. I did and mine was there, waiting for me to get educated! Gonna start tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TLerch
    Hey Guys,
    Thank you all for your interest and support as I get this TF course underway. The new release date is March 9th and please if you haven't ordered yet, (waiting for the actual release) please visit my website www.timlerch.com and order it from there. (i get a better % if you do it that way)
    Thanks and keep a look out for my next two courses (just shot then last week) "Jazz Blues Pathways" and "Harmonic Enhancement". Both are available for pre order. or you can wait and get them thru my Website as the release date gets closer.
    all the best
    Tim
    PS: for the next two (I am especially enticed by “Harmonic Enhancement”… who wouldn’t want that? ) I’ll make sure I buy from your website!

User Info Menu

I've just worked through the first playing video with the 251 in C. Playing in ballad style is fine, as there is some freedom in where you place bass notes. But then Tim goes on to Latin rhythms where you need those roots and 5ths on downbeats, two to a bar, and that is harder to maintain while improvising melodies and stabbing chords on top. In other words, it's a good discipline. Off to a good start.

User Info Menu

The course has landed in New England! I haven't been on Truefire in a while and I'm pleased about the autoplay next section feature which was missing in an earlier Android release.

User Info Menu

Skipped around a bit; can't wait to dig in. From what I see so far it is perfectly paced. Lots of material yet unhurried.

User Info Menu

Did you guys have to order it again? I did a pre-order when Tim did the Q&A for it last year. Then the hope was that it would be out before Christmas. That didn't happen. Guess I have to re-order, huh?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Did you guys have to order it again?
    The pre-order worked here. The course was not in the list last when radiofm74 posted, but showed up this morning.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Did you guys have to order it again? I did a pre-order when Tim did the Q&A for it last year. Then the hope was that it would be out before Christmas. That didn't happen. Guess I have to re-order, huh?
    Mark, open the Truefire app. The course should have moved from your "Pre-order" folder to your "Owned" folder. Make sure you're on-line. I wasn't and it took me a while to realize it.

P.S. I also received an email from Truefire and a notification on Frank Vignola's channel.
    Last edited by Jack E Blue; 03-10-2020 at 10:47 AM.

User Info Menu

fyi....my pre-order worked too

User Info Menu

Anybody else having a problem with the Soundslice feature not functioning?

User Info Menu

I did notice there was no sound slice option....or i have not found it yet

User Info Menu

I played through the first half of the course using the video, not sure about the notation or soundslice etc. It was like having a really good face to face lesson.

Bonus points to Tim for being the world's chillest teacher.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by corpse
    I played through the first half of the course using the video, not sure about the notation or soundslice etc. It was like having a really good face to face lesson.

Bonus points to Tim for being the world's chillest teacher.
    Yeah, no doubt about that. This is exactly the kind of step-by-step teaching approach that a bonehead like me needs. A couple of years ago I was signed up to Martin Taylor's Artist Works site. As much as I love Martin Taylor his teaching style was not for me.

Lerch is my idea of an exceptionally good teacher.