User Info Menu

Hello all,

Letting anyone who might be interested know that WE LIKE IKE, a new tribute album to British jazz guitarist Ike Isaacs (1919-1996), has been released to mark the 100th anniversary of his birth. (I helped produce the album.)

Some wonderful players from UK, Australia and elsewhere have contributed tracks, including the great Martin Taylor who considers Ike "my biggest guitar influence" and wrote liner notes for the CD.

For anyone in or near Sydney, Australia, there will be a launch gig/birthday celebration on Mon Dec 02nd at Foundry 616.

And also available now: the re-release of 'Intimate Interpretations', Ike Isaacs's 1991 solo guitar album (digital only)!

LINKS

Ike Isaacs Facebook page:
    Ike Isaacs (1919-1996) - Home | Facebook

WE LIKE IKE on CD:
    (Australian company but will ship anywhere in world)
    Buy Various We Like Ike - 100th Birthday Tribute To Guitar Legend Ike Isaacs CD | Sanity

WE LIKE IKE multi-link for download/streaming sites:
    We Like Ike

INTIMATE INTERPRETATIONS multi-link for download/streaming sites:
    Ike Isaacs - Intimate Interpretations

Take care!
    Roger

New Ike Isaacs tribute album WE LIKE IKE-ike-front-jpgNew Ike Isaacs tribute album WE LIKE IKE-ike-isaacs-jamming-great-wes-montgomery-768x524-png

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just listened to some clips of Ike’s solo CD (Intimate Interpretations), sounds good, nice recording and playing.

User Info Menu

Ike was amazing, hugely under appreciated today. Should be a good recording, but his own recordings would be the best to get hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    Ike was amazing, hugely under appreciated today. Should be a good recording, but his own recordings would be the best to get hold of.
    Hi Rob, just to let you know that Mark Isaacs, Ike's nephew (and a well-known composer and pianist in his own right), has just reissued (digital only, not on CD) Ike's own wonderful solo guitar album released in 1991 - "Intimate Interpretations"

Ike Isaacs - Intimate Interpretations

Take care
    Roger

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    Yes, I meant Ike’s own solo album which has just been reissued.

User Info Menu

Ike's Book "Jazz Guitar School" is in my top five guitar books--and is amazingly still available for cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Guitar-S.../dp/0863594247

Kind of like a more specific "Advancing Guitarist." Definitely worth checking out.