User Info Menu

Just stumbled upon this.....Apologies if it's been posted here.......No affiliation w/any products etc mentioned......

Just great to see and hear him again !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

this is really good news. i remember when the gypsy kids hit the scene. i'm glad that he aways avoided the george benson "trap" that many sinti guitarists fell into at some point, and stayed true to the style.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djg View Post
    this is really good news. i remember when the gypsy kids hit the scene. i'm glad that he aways avoided the george benson "trap" that many sinti guitarists fell into at some point, and stayed true to the style.
    Yes, it was good news to see and hear him again.

I sure wish Jimmy could've avoided his other traps, and had a much easier life. I'm just happy for him he's still around !

And here's hoping things get a lot easier for him !

User Info Menu

He didn't have a guitar for three years? What happened to him???
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes View Post
    He didn't have a guitar for three years? What happened to him???
    I believe Rosenberg has had a life long struggle with mental health issues complicated by drug addiction.

It's interesting to me that Christiaan has only been playing guitar for like 7 years and 5 of those at a very high level.

User Info Menu

This is such good news. So happy to see Jimmy back and playing at his high level. That vibrato is insane. Best of luck to him and anyone else who has had to overcome addiction of any kind.

User Info Menu

Lets hope that Jimmy Rosenberg has kicked his drug habit for good, following in Joe Pass' footsteps in that regard.

Jimmy is one of the world's best guitarists and it is great that his talents are being shared with the world once again!

Bravo Jimmy Rosenberg!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack E Blue View Post
    It's interesting to me that Christiaan has only been playing guitar for like 7 years and 5 of those at a very high level.
    It's true but also remember that he's been a professional violinist for a long long time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sully75 View Post
    It's true but also remember that he's been a professional violinist for a long long time.
    I think he (Van Hemert) plays a couple of other instruments at a high level as well. Amazing.