Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 33
    In constrast to Jonah's Thread (great idea BTW!):

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues
    In constrast to Jonah's Thread (great idea BTW!):
    I was looking in youtube for I Wish I New, which came instantly into my mind, to post as answer, but I see it is in the OP.
    Well, exactly!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    I was looking in youtube for I Wish I New, which came instantly into my mind, to post as answer, but I see it is in the OP.
    Well, exactly!
    Apologies for beating you to it Gabor. I love that tune! In fact, with "I Wish I Knew", " "While We're Young" and "One For My Baby (And One More For The Road), "So Much Guitar" might be my favorite Wes album of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Beautiful!

With Monk and Buddy:

User Info Menu

Huge thumbs up to this whole thread. It will be my reference to go mine some Wes.

I think I look for the "slow" stuff first (with anybody), because I find it less intimidating! LOL (not being a real jazz player, altho I am a real jazz lover!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I think I look for the "slow" stuff first (with anybody), because I find it less intimidating! LOL (not being a real jazz player, altho I am a real jazz lover!)
    Check out Dexter Gordon playing ballads, listening to him was how I learned to play slow stuff.

User Info Menu

My favourite video of Wes:

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Huge thumbs up to this whole thread. It will be my reference to go mine some Wes.

Thanks ruger9! I have to give credit to @Jonah though for the idea though with his "Fast Wes" Thread.

I'm torn because I love the slow stuff too, but I also like the "swinging/groovin'" and "blues" stuff to that's associated with Jazz. Depends on the mood I'm in I guess, but suffice it to say, I LOVE JAZZ!

Last edited by Midnight Blues; 10-26-2019 at 01:54 PM.

My favourite video of Wes:

One of my favorites as well. That whole show (DVD) was GREAT!

Another beautiful Wes chord melody:

User Info Menu

Another beautiful Wes chord melody:

This tune is "Mi Cosa"

This tune is "Mi Cosa"
    Thanks for that Gabor! I'm sure it's out there somewhere by other artists, but I've never heard it by anyone else before?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This was one of the first Wes songs I heard - Leila

User Info Menu

Check out Dexter Gordon playing ballads, listening to him was how I learned to play slow stuff.
    See especially: https://www.amazon.ca/Ballads-Dexter...r%2C222&sr=1-1

Dexter Gordon: Ballads

User Info Menu

See especially: https://www.amazon.ca/Ballads-Dexter...r%2C222&sr=1-1

Dexter Gordon: Ballads

User Info Menu

Thanks for that Gabor! I'm sure it's out there somewhere by other artists, but I've never heard it by anyone else before?
    I think it is a Wes Montgomery original. There are other Wes recordings of that around

Quote Originally Posted by AndyV
    Nice!

What tone!

Thanks for the post and

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    This was one of the first Wes songs I heard - Leila

Good one to include here AR! Too bad there isn't more music made like this today.

Thanks for the post and

I think it is a Wes Montgomery original. There are other Wes recordings of that around
    That's what I always thought too. Now that you mention it, I have it on "Bumpin" too! The strings are a nice touch, but I much prefer solo Wes.

Here's a live version:

Can't vouch for it's accuracy, but...:

http://www.classclef.com/pdf/Mi%20Co...Montgomery.pdf

Thanks for the post and