Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Fabulous jam at Schoenberg Guitars: Gypsy jazzer Joscho Stephan playing a 1928 Gibson L-5 and the amazing Rory Hoffman on a 1928 Gibson F-5. The tune is Sugarfoot Rag by Country/Jazz guitarist Hank Garland.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dear god... :-)

User Info Menu

I. Can't. Even. How does he do that with that little mandolin??
    “Without music, life would be a mistake”--Friedrich Nietzsche

Current lineup: Gibson ES-135 ('02), Peerless Sunset, Harmony Brilliant Cutaway ('64), Godin 5th Avenue, Alvarez AC60 A/E classical, Kay K37 ('56), Fender Squier VM Jazz bass, several ukes. Amps: Fishman Artist, Fender SCXD, Pignose 7-100.

User Info Menu

Jfc.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

User Info Menu

These guys were born to play! I saw Joscho Stephan with his gypsy trio at a jazz club here in the UK. He blew everybody away. Standing ovations. As for Rory Hoffman--what can one say!!! What a duo--they should be touring the world!

User Info Menu

Jack Tottle's Mandolin Book was wrong!
    "6 strings this way and 12 frets that way and a world of mystery in between" Keith Richards on the guitar

User Info Menu

so, why the hell would you go up and talk to guys blazing away like that and stop the process?
    Beauty is as close to terror as we can well endure. -Rainer Maria Rilke

User Info Menu

Amazing. Would love to see / hear more of those two guys playing together.
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

Not bluegrass, but Stochelo Rosenberg and especially Joscho really blast off in this one after they get warmed up a bit.

Joscho's a pretty relaxed, funny guy too in other videos of his that I've seen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    Jfc.
    I had to look that one up! I wholeheartedly agree!!!