The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

You already mentioned him but he definitely deserves a YouTube clip on this thread. Vilray is so great.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Bireli sings too.

User Info Menu

is the Henricksen jazz 10 good for singing and playing or should i get 2 seperate set ups.The gigs that starting to line up are indoor/out door wineries and dining establishments.The TOOB is a curiousity.Any gear recommendations $1,000.or under?Some have heard me foolin around with singing and they prefer it over just guitar music.

User Info Menu

Ed Laub, who played in a duo with Bucky Pizzarelli for a long time, also sings.

User Info Menu

Slim Gaillard

User Info Menu

Another bit of Slim Gaillard---here playing piano first and then guitar. Quite the showman!

User Info Menu

Tiny Grimes

John

User Info Menu

Serious composer/singer/jazz guitarist:

Toninho Horta
    Chico Pinheiro

Dori Caymmi: Great player/composer/singer, innovative and harmonically brilliant, but I haven't heard him solo.
    Guinga: Not a jazz player, but harmonically brilliant and an astonishing player. Sings too.

Howard Alden (sang a couple of standards last time I saw him, but more as a novelty, I think).
    Last edited by rpjazzguitar; 05-25-2020 at 06:41 AM.

User Info Menu

Kirt Rosenwinkel

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    is the Henricksen jazz 10 good for singing and playing or should i get 2 seperate set ups.The gigs that starting to line up are indoor/out door wineries and dining establishments.The TOOB is a curiousity.Any gear recommendations $1,000.or under?Some have heard me foolin around with singing and they prefer it over just guitar music.
    Bose Compact; you'll need a little processing for vocals and guitar, no effects on Bose, but it's perfect for your gig descriptions, sounds great, small footprint. I've been doing guitar-vocal gigs with Bose L! stuff for 15 years, don't even own a conventional guitar amp any more.

User Info Menu

Fred Sokolow.

I'm new to learning jazz on the guitar and I took advantage of a special offer on the guitarvideos.com website to buy downloads of all Fred's jazz guitar instructional DVDs. I would enjoy hearing him sing and play these tunes even if there wasn't a very good lesson attached!

He's maybe not the most accomplished of singers but he has a really honest, conversational no-nonsense voice and his guitar tone and playing is really charming.

His 'Building a Jazz Chord Solo' book is really good too, the most approachable beginner's guide to chord melody playing I've yet found.