The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

68 Guild CE-100 Capri through a ZT Custom Shop Jazz Club amp

Hadn't heard of Charlie before or ZT amps. The jury is still out on the ZT, I'd say.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Their Lunchbox amps are fairly well-known around here. Reviews are mixed.

User Info Menu

Sounds great to me.

I was part of a testing group on the original club about 10 years ago. Should have bought one (they were $350 then!) as it sounded pretty much just like this.

I'm a big lunchbox fan, I use that thing all the time, and I always get compliments on my tone with it.

User Info Menu

Saw John Pizzarelli a couple of weeks ago, he was using that model ZT amp.

User Info Menu

ZT is probably my favorite ss amp. Unfortunately I had to get rid of my Lunchbox, it developed some speaker problems, I think I wore it off. That's my only problem with it- it's not really serviceable.

But this sounds great, I'll keep my eye on it for the future.

User Info Menu

All the new ZT models are easily serviceable, but yes the original models were really difficult for most techs and we did almost all service ourselves (though anyone could surely replace a speaker).

The original Lunchbox is discontinued and we're releasing the Lunchbox Reverb in September. Much improved everywhere and assembled in house in California.

User Info Menu

I'm buying one along with the cab as soon as they 're available in Europe, I've enjoyed the previous one so much!

User Info Menu

Really dig the look of the Lee Ronaldo model.

Charlie Apicella and new ZT Amp-lee-w-credit-10-22-18_orig-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    I'm buying one along with the cab as soon as they 're available in Europe, I've enjoyed the previous one so much!
    You'll love it. You should start seeing them in Europe late Oct - early Nov

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmpmcdermott
    Really dig the look of the Lee Ronaldo model.

Charlie Apicella and new ZT Amp-lee-w-credit-10-22-18_orig-jpg
    It's a killer amp. The target is a Jasper Johns take that Lee had painted on his old Fenders.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikezt
    All the new ZT models are easily serviceable, but yes the original models were really difficult for most techs and we did almost all service ourselves (though anyone could surely replace a speaker).

The original Lunchbox is discontinued and we're releasing the Lunchbox Reverb in September. Much improved everywhere and assembled in house in California.
    cool , will it have more bottom end ?
    different speaker etc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    cool , will it have more bottom end ?
    different speaker etc
    Driver is almost the same - I wouldn't say you'd notice much more bottom end though the overall sound is much improved. There's only so much low end you can get from a small cabinet and have the high output that amp has.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikezt
    Driver is almost the same - I wouldn't say you'd notice much more bottom end though the overall sound is much improved. There's only so much low end you can get from a small cabinet and have the high output that amp has.
    thanks for being honest mike
    (it looked like the new LBox is a slightly bigger cab from the pics , but no)

still it looks great
    Might get one of the new cabs when they arrive

good luck with all the new stuff

User Info Menu

BTW mike
    your website's menu and cookie functions
    aren't working too well ATM ....

User Info Menu

thanks for being honest mike
    (it looked like the new LBox is a slightly bigger cab from the pics , but no)

still it looks great
    Might get one of the new cabs when they arrive

good luck with all the new stuff
    The cabinet is about 1cm deeper which does give a bit more bottom, but as I said, don't want to raise expectations.

Thanks

User Info Menu

BTW mike
    your website's menu and cookie functions
    aren't working too well ATM ....
    Yes, thanks, we're working on that (and an entirely new site as well)