User Info Menu

I've never heard of her until this morning. Really worth a listen:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful.
    MG

User Info Menu

She was part of the "Young Guitars Salute NEA Jazz Master Pat Metheny" presentation.

That's Nir Felder, Pasquale Grasso, Gilad Hekselman, Dan Wilson and Ms. Meza, all backed by no less than Christian McBride and Antonio Sanchez.

It's a tremendously musical performance in the finest company on the highest stage. Every time I see it I think, "She dusted every one of them."
    "Don't worry about that. Everybody talks about finding your voice. Do your homework and your voice will find you." - Branford Marsalis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry View Post
    She was part of the "Young Guitars Salute NEA Jazz Master Pat Metheny" presentation.

That's Nir Felder, Pasquale Grasso, Gilad Hekselman, Dan Wilson and Ms. Meza, all backed by no less than Christian McBride and Antonio Sanchez.

It's a tremendously musical performance in the finest company on the highest stage. Every time I see it I think, "She dusted every one of them."
    Man, she's one talented woman!

User Info Menu

Wow
    loved All of them
    is there any more of that concert on YouTube ?

User Info Menu

There is, but that clip is the entire "Pat Metheny" part.

Here's the whole two-hour show -- Todd Barkan, Joanne Brackeen, Pat Metheny and Dianne Reeves

"Don't worry about that. Everybody talks about finding your voice. Do your homework and your voice will find you." - Branford Marsalis

Awesome! I found her randomly on Youtube, and I really dug her playing. We need more ridiculously amazing female jazz guitarists.

Off the top of my head:

Mary Osborne--I wish there were more records out with her--WHAT A PLAYER!
    Sheryl Bailey--I took some lessons with her over at Truefire--I wish I could have studied with her in person
    Mimi Fox--that time feel!
    Emily Remler--do I have to say anything more?
    Mary Halvorson--still trying to understand her playing--but she can definitely play
    Now I'll add: Camila Meza