The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NSJ
    I learned this song by ear because there was no sheet music, and I loved it. I play it all the time. I’m not the only one. There’s no reason why this song shouldn’t be a standard .

Dude can sing.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I was always intrigued by how Fripp was the prog guy that managed to stay cool in the New Wave era. Hooking up with Bowie certainly helped him out.

Now Annie Clarke references King Crimson (Belew, Fripp and the earlier stuff which I think yu can hear in her writing), Jethro Tull, all sorts of stuff in interviews, so I guess it's cool again?

User Info Menu

Ha, synchronicity. Just started reading Lucy Green’s book How Popular Musicians Learn (on my courses reading list) foreword by Fripp.

Lucy Green’s books are good btw, she’s on a mission to try and introduce some of what we do (improv, songwriting, learning by ear) into the general (is classical) musical pedagogy.

My tutors seem to be big Green fans...

Which is interesting cos Fripp was importing things the other way...

User Info Menu

Fripp is a guitarist with tremendous originality and creativity. I believe he is one of those musicians that can't be compared with anyone.

User Info Menu

Love Fripp and KC!

Of course, this is what he's been up to lately:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I was always intrigued by how Fripp was the prog guy that managed to stay cool in the New Wave era.

User Info Menu

and the king crimson adventure with "red" one album I could never forget.

User Info Menu

I knew before I clicked “play” that I shouldn’t click “play”, but I clicked “play”, anyway.

And here I have held Fripp in such high regard for decades. It’s a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Love Fripp and KC!

Last edited by maxsmith; 07-06-2022 at 09:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maxsmith
    I knew before I clicked “play” that I shouldn’t click “play”, but I clicked “play”, anyway.

And here I have held Fripp in such high regard for decades. It’s a shame.

I think it's just a quirky sense of humor!

I'm partial to this era:

User Info Menu

I remember seeing KC at a club in New Haven and people were trying to dance to a non-4/4 song. Everyone was hopping to the extra beats. It was awesome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Love Fripp and KC!

That's so wrong it's right

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    My college girlfriend and I had our first date at the November 1981 KC show at the Agora Ballroom in Atlanta. As stated, we were a scant 20 feet away from the stage, moving in time to the rhythm. We went back to my place and put the album on. I will leave the rest for your imagination, but let's just say Matte Kudesai is one of the great makeout songs of all time in my book.

We hooked up to KC's Discipline, and broke up to Roxy Music's Avalon. I can't listen to either one without thinking of her.
    Hilarious! 18 was my magic number