The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Can anyone name me some of Pat's blues recordings and from which album they came from, Or if someone is truly knowledgeable perhaps they can give me a list ?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

you can start w/ "A Blues For Mickey O" off his debut lp El Hombre

User Info Menu

So he was like 14 or so in that Gator Tail recording, signature ostinato included. Pretty amazing stuff.

User Info Menu

All Blues (Live at Yoshi's)

User Info Menu

The picture for Gator Trail's quite amusing.

The instruments on the posters are spelled out right - tenor sax, trumpet, organ. But, for Pat Martino, it's got "guitar" like there's something strange about it :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    So he was like 14 or so in that Gator Tail recording, signature ostinato included. Pretty amazing stuff.
    he s burning on that track, but i think he was about 20 at the time.

User Info Menu

So he was older than I thought when I saw him in Spain a few years ago, born 1944! It says "NJ 1961" at the bottom of the video pic ... Anyway, that playing is out of this world, regardless of age

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Not exactly what you're looking for, but I stumbled across this recently and it's really a bizarre group, but I do like how these Studio Jams sessions just kind of throw musicians together.

Also, anyone know how Pat is doing? i remember he cancelled a few gigs recently. He's coming to Blues Alley in June and it looks like the gig is still on.

User Info Menu

Tons of Blues, just look for the stuff he recorded with Willis Jackson!

Cheers,
    Arnie..

User Info Menu

Go back to Sonny Stitt's "Night Letter" album. It's a PM masterclass on blues and rhythm changes.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Thank you for making me aware that this exists.