The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 66 of 66

User Info Menu

I think 'Round Midnight is a great album-recorded in 1972

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

"Vanguard" for sure, "Kenny Burrell", "God Bless The Child", "Laid Back" and "The Artist Selects" are all great.

User Info Menu

Some of my favorite Kenny is as a sideman too...

All the stuff with Jimmy Smith and Stanley Turrentine is worth hearing, in my book.

I also love "All Day Long" and "All Night Long" (jam sessions, really) and Gene Ammon's "Funky."

User Info Menu

There's a nice trio one from the 70s on the Concord label called 'Tin Tin Deo', I'm not sure it's available now though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    There's a nice trio one from the 70s on the Concord label called 'Tin Tin Deo', I'm not sure it's available now though.
    As a double CD coupled with "Moon And Sand" - another good one (as is "Round Midnight".)

User Info Menu

Purely for the sound, anything KB did with his D'Angelico in the 70s is worth listening to.

Whoops, forgot "Soul Call".

User Info Menu

Here’s the title track:

User Info Menu

kenny burrells freedom recording is from two different sessions...but side b has turrentine, english and barretto..who were also later on midnight blue..plus it adds herbie hancock on piano

very midnight blue-esque...makes one realize how integral the percussionists- english and barretto were to the mb vibe

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 03-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Here’s the title track:

I never knew Lionel Ritchie played guitar.....

User Info Menu

This is a Frank Wess lp, bit it's got great KB on it and added bonus of Freddie Greene on rhythm guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    As a double CD coupled with "Moon And Sand" - another good one (as is "Round Midnight".)
    Two of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    This is a Frank Wess lp, bit it's got great KB on it and added bonus of Freddie Greene on rhythm guitar.
    Another great one.

I have around 60 of his albums. My favorite tends to be whichever one I'm currently playing.

Danny W.

User Info Menu

This is pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Stormy Monday Blues

John

User Info Menu

another good sideman record is wynton kelly's "piano" (with paul chambers and philly joe jones)

User Info Menu

Jimmy Smith's Organ Grinder Swing has great Burrell all over it.