The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

User Info Menu

I'm typically not in favor of iconic guitars being stored behind a glass case, or any guitar for that matter. However, for some reason I'd like to see this one displayed at some museum. I would just stare and contemplate all the music it has created.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zdub
    Wow, that right hand looks so loose I am surprised that he can hold onto his pick!
    Thanks for those right-hand closeups, Mr. Cameraman-who-must-have-been-a-guitarist :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by starjasmine
    Thanks for those right-hand closeups, Mr. Cameraman-who-must-have-been-a-guitarist :-)
    LOL! Rather than all those videos where the camera focuses on the wrong player during the solo!

User Info Menu

Ed played a very brief jazz guitar interlude in a curious short recording put together by Rik Emmett (of the rock band Triumph) that also feature Alex Lifeson of Rush and classical guitarist Liona Boyd. This piece of music was supposed to illustrate how genre was an artificial construct, I suppose--it was called "Beyond Borders", and it was distributed as a flexidisc in a 1987 issue of Guitar Player.

I was the perfect age to consume that flexidisc, having gone through a big Rush phase a couple of years earlier as an 8th grader, and being a big Hendrix and Zeppelin fan who was ready for some new sounds. Ed's playing was a ray of sunshine to me, and I think within a few weeks I was buying John Coltrane and Wayne Shorter CDs, along with Ed's own "I Wished on the Moon" CD and some Kenny Burrell. Funny how something so goofy set me on the jazz path. I probably would have gotten into jazz by college in any case, but..Thanks Ed! You were my first!