The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 100

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Crazy good:

joelf Guest
    Alessio is a beautiful person and player. When he came to NY a few years ago I had already reached out. He came to Sean Smith's and my gig at Walker's and first hugged me, second sat in, third we stayed after the gig and acoustically played Django tunes. Then I brought him to the 'Den Father of NY guitarists'---AKA Gene Bertoncini's steady at the time and he sat in there. Came over the crib for vittles and to play, though he wasn't feeling well that evening.

Like I said---a warm beautiful, humble cat and swinging, knowledgeable of songs player. I miss him...

Very cool! I love his playing and would love to take a lesson or two from him (working on my Italian, even though he speaks very good English).

Although I haven't met him personally, I concur with what you've typed about him. That's certainly been my experience with him through e-mail correspondence.

Thanks for the post and

joelf Guest
    Alessio reached out to me on FB. He's back in Italia, doing fine.

Beautiful cat, better than good player...

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    Alessio reached out to me on FB. He's back in Italia, doing fine.

Beautiful cat, better than good player...
    That's great that you guys keep in touch. He certainly seems like he's a super nice guy. Not many of those around anymore.

Yeah, I did see he's back from Japan. He's posted some pretty good stuff since he returned. With all the YT channels I subscribe to, his is the only one that I want to receive notifications from. Don't want to miss anything he might post! He's certainly a monster player!

Thanks for the post and
    Matt

User Info Menu

Thanks Midnight Blues for introducing this great, great player. Made me smile as when I listen to Wes, or Henry Johnson. Love the organ trio format. Love to realise it's still alive in the XXI century. In the good hands of Alessio Menconi for sure.

You're welcome and it's certainly my pleasure gcb. I know he's a big fan of Wes' (amongst some others). Can't remember if I posted any, but in a few of his videos you can see he has a framed copy of "The Wes Montgomery Trio..." album hanging on his wall!

I love the organ trio myself as well and Mr. Menconi certainly acquits himself quite nicely in that format. Hopefully he'll do another album with the trio in the near future.

In the interim, this is a great album to hold me(us) over:

Thanks for the post and

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues
    [FONT=&amp]

That's great that you guys keep in touch. He certainly seems like he's a super nice guy. Not many of those around anymore.

Yeah, I did see he's back from Japan. He's posted some pretty good stuff since he returned. With all the YT channels I subscribe to, his is the only one that I want to receive notifications from. Don't want to miss anything he might post! He's certainly a monster player!

Thanks for the post and
    Matt
    Like I said, beautiful, humble cat. First thing he did when he walked in invited to my gig at Walker's with Sean Smith was hug me. He sat in and after the gig we gave the audience an acoustic mini-concert of Django tunes. He came over the crib and we played and I took him to Gene Bertoncini's steady at Ryan's Daughter, where it was obligatory to sit in (no BS---Gene played his nylon string and kept his D'Angelica on the window sill for guitarists who could play. He wouldn't let you play your own! I swe---LOL).

We went our separate ways as friends do, he went back to Italy with his girlfriend---then he suddenly got back in touch on FB. I wish him the best---a good man and fine player...

Like I said, beautiful, humble cat. First thing he did when he walked in invited to my gig at Walker's with Sean Smith was hug me. He sat in and after the gig we gave the audience an acoustic mini-concert of Django tunes. He came over the crib and we played and I took him to Gene Bertoncini's steady at Ryan's Daughter, where it was obligatory to sit in (no BS---Gene played his nylon string and kept his D'Angelica on the window sill for guitarists who could play. He wouldn't let you play your own! I swe---LOL).

We went our separate ways as friends do, he went back to Italy with his girlfriend---then he suddenly got back in touch on FB. I wish him the best---a good man and fine player...
    I'm typeless! That had to be too cool!

User Info Menu

A fabulous musician!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    A fabulous musician!
    Absolutely agree. I’m watching him quite often lately. His phrasing and tasteful approach is captivating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently released:

Good stuff!

User Info Menu

Yes, nice guy and great player. I got to hang with Alessio about five years ago in NY. The other guitarist in these pics is another excellent musician, Avi Rothbard. Being a fellow lefty, we get to swap guitars whenever we meet up!

Alessio Menconi-3-jpegAlessio Menconi-4-jpeg

joelf Guest
    Yes, excellent player and beautiful person. We hung a lot about 5 years ago when his GF got a job in NYC and they moved there for a year. He's a soul man...

Quote Originally Posted by PMB
    Yes, nice guy and great player. I got to hang with Alessio about five years ago in NY. The other guitarist in these pics is another excellent musician, Avi Rothbard. Being a fellow lefty, we get to swap guitars whenever we meet up!

Alessio Menconi-3-jpegAlessio Menconi-4-jpeg
    Yes, excellent player and beautiful person. We hung a lot about 5 years ago when his GF got a job in NYC and they moved there for a year. He's a soul man...
    Very cool guys!

I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, but we do correspond via e-mail and I agree, very nice man.