The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That Honky Tonk Women version epitomizes one thing about the banjo that even its detractors have to admit - it is hard not to smile when listening to banjo music.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe2758
    i heard he’s nearly 7’ tall
    With hands like Tal Farlow!

Actually, I believe "Rob" is really just an urban legend, sort of like the Dread Pirate Roberts or someone ..

Rob MacKillop-roberts-png

User Info Menu

I heard say he plays a magical guitar made by an Elf.....

Will

User Info Menu

Haha. You guys.

Well, the Stones were an experience. You have to take your hat off to them. They work incredibly well as a band, and know how to put on a show. Suffice to say our 21-year-old daughter declared it the best gig she'd ever seen, and she's been to a lot. The noise was incredible, and when the 80,000 crowd roared along, it was like being caught in a hurricane. An experience I won't forget in a hurry. Three of them are 74, with Charlie Watts, the engine, 75. What can you say? It was phenomenal. Glad I went.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    VKat, I no longer play the banjo. Funds are always tight, so I tend to sell before buying, and sometimes just need to sell to get by. But I tend to work on projects, which stops me from getting in a rut, and let's face it most string instruments (not bowed) use a similar technique. I did try playing cello and viol, but found the string tension and bow technique too time consuming.

I have five Mel Bay books coming out this year: three for mandolin, one for fretless bass guitar, and another of solo guitar pieces by Belgian composer, Gilbert Isbin. What's next? I never know. That's what makes it interesting! I love bouts of boredom, it means something is brewing!
    I'm waiting for you to break out the vihuela!

User Info Menu

Where've you been, Woody? Been there, done that. Here's over an hour of vihuela recordings:

Vihuela - Fuenllana Fantasias and Tientos - and other works by Vihuela Composers by Rob MacKillop - Listen to music

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Where've you been, Woody? Been there, done that. Here's over an hour of vihuela recordings:

Vihuela - Fuenllana Fantasias and Tientos - and other works by Vihuela Composers by Rob MacKillop - Listen to music
    Of course, I should have known.